New version of the forum! Feedback

• Root Admin

Seems okay for me. But I'm guessing you mean if you use UBB code tags, which 4.5 no longer officially supports. It has not been completely deprecated yet but they won't make and edits, updates, or changes to how it currently works either.

This is some

Really awesome

Quoted text

Closes and works for me using the toolbar of the editor

OK, I'll try again, this time using the editor:

This is

Some really awesome

Quoted text

And this should be outside the text box.

Here's another awesome quote box

And here is more text below it.

It appears to be working.  I guess I need to use the editor.

Malwarebytes Browser Guard Current website and Statistics screens

• Updated
  •  
  • March 24, 2020 18:45

Once installed on your Chrome or Firefox Browser, Malwarebytes Browser Guard immediately begins to protect your online browsing experience from ads and trackers. The app is represented by the Malwarebytes logo in your browser's toolbar, on the right side of your search bar. The following screenshot shows a website which does not contain content blocked by Malwarebytes Browser Guard.

Another test, this time for placing content copied from elsewhere within a quote box.

Looks good :) 

• Like 1

We are seeing the same issue over at CCleaner forum which was also upgraded to v4.5 of the software.

For some reason on certain sub-fora the editor glitches as described above and it's a PITA to get the cursor out of the quote (or other) boxes, it usually takes multiple tries at re-writing the post.

BB code is now disabled altogether there, so it's not the BB code tags doing it but the HTML from the editor itself.

It doesn't happen on all sub-fora, or even all threads, just certain ones.

One way round it if it's being really awkward is to put the editor in source mode and type something in there after the close-blockquote (& paragraph) tags, you can then go back to the WYSIWG editor:
image.png.86bdd6db6d113cf1dfdcdb205c2912cf.png

image.png.38704acff5504bbad41e26676ca6c332.png

(There is also a long standing issue there with the parsing or not of links to other forum pages, that also only affects certain sub-fora).

Just a quick note - IPS updated our forums to version 4.5.3 today and made some backend adjustments.

We also encountered a bug due to the upgrade that caused the Editor to not be accessible which prevented posting and replying. This was resolved shortly after being discovered.

Thanks for keeping the feedback coming!!

• Like 1

Q:  Can you ask if they reverted the setting where using the "Mark all forums" link sent you back to the main forums page, or did that setting simply revert on the install of 4.5.3?

Because I, for one, found that extremely helpful, since I use the notification bell to find posts I need to look at....

4 minutes ago, John L. Galt said:

Q:  Can you ask if they reverted the setting where using the "Mark all forums" link sent you back to the main forums page, or did that setting simply revert on the install of 4.5.3?

Because I, for one, found that extremely helpful, since I use the notification bell to find posts I need to look at....

Not right now. It's low on our priority list of things to tackle.

7 minutes ago, Gt-truth said:

I am unable to figure out where is the "mark as resolved" option . can someone show me where is the option

It will appear in the lower left side of a comment in a thread if that feature is enabled for that area of the Forums.

So if you are not seeing it, it's likely because that area of the Forums does not have the feature on yet or its an area where having it on doesn't make sense.

Feel free to let me know where you are seeing that as most off our help/support areas should have it on.

Edited by AlexSmith
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2020 at 10:18 AM, AlexSmith said:

" … that area of the Forums does not have the feature on yet … "

now  i'm  understanding  why  "mark as resolved"  didn't  work  on  my  post … thanks.

however … there  is  a  claim  that  the  "edit post"  feature  can  be  accessed  via  a  triple-dot-icon (top-right of post) … that  option  does  not  show  up  in  my  thread … all  i  have  is  "report"  and  "share".  would  this  be  the  same  reason?

ref:  https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/264845-mbam-free-unable-to-contact-license-server-…/

13 minutes ago, pnamajck said:

there  is  a  claim  that  the  "edit post"  feature  can  be  accessed  via  a  triple-dot-icon (top-right of post) … that  option  does  not  show  up  in  my  thread

It takes a lot of posts for that option to be enabled for users due to abuse to the editing system.

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

It takes a lot of posts for that option to be enabled for users due to abuse to the editing system.

It takes 50+ posts to be able to edit your own post if I'm not mistaking but I think my memory serves me right about that answer. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong and also helps protects against forum spammers..

• 2 months later...

Studies show that primarily flat-colored user interfaces actually make you slower and less productive, though I don't remember the specific studies off the top of my head, so I can't cite them right away.

But I think I have to agree. Flat colors actually distract me quite a bit, and make it harder for me to focus what I'm supposed to be working on.

So while I do appreciate the option of using an alternate theme, the available ones could all use some work. I actually prefer the aesthetic of lighter themes over darker themes, but they are often so much harder on my eyes. The new default theme on this forum, for example, uses a shade of blue that is way too hard on my eyes. And blue is my favorite color, too!

The IPS default theme is a lot closer to what I remember from my previous experiences on the Malwarebytes Forums, but it's still not quite right. I think I can get used to it again though.