• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, WhatIsGoingOn said:

Holy stuff. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I’m so distressed right now I don’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to do that to my mom but I’m literally in shock from the events tonight. I feel like I’m going to explode. Why the censoreding censored is Malwarebytes eating up my ram? This can’t be happening. I’m having a censoreding breakdown. I don’t want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Malwarebytes  to be fixed and protect my computer again. I cannot censoreding deal with this right now. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I thought Malwarebytes wasn't having any issues with memory leaks??? This is so censoreded.

Stress reviler...seriously good post in the midst of a crisis. Hoping we won't all be office camping when this over. 

While I cannot speak for the staff, up until recently I was employed by Malwarebytes.  I know for a fact that they do have automated test systems in place to test all updates before they go out and I do believe it is also protocol to do some level of live user testing by Research, however, given the nature of this issue and the fact that it can take quite a while (especially in systems with fast CPUs/large amounts of RAM) for this particular issue to show any obvious symptoms I suspect this is why the update got past QA.

Regardless, knowing first-hand how other issues of this nature with broken/corrupted updates were handled in the past, I'm certain measures will immediately be put in place once the Devs fully understand the root cause to check for this issue for all future updates to prevent it from ever happening again.  Whatever caused this, it's got to be something really obscure in the code as it's not something we've ever seen with the software prior to this to my knowledge.

Well, I was gonna get outside and clean up dog crap...(Cincinnati, OH and we have a break in the weather), but this event has allowed me to delay the horrendous task of cleaning up after several freezing weeks and a lab who deuces a few times a day...

Thanks MBAM, for delaying my pain..and giving me another thing to deal with. 

While I'm glad you're addressing it now, I just don't know how you can ship a memory leak like this. It's not even specific to one type of computer which would make it tough to replicate, it's literally every PC. This wasn't tested, which scares me frankly and makes me lose what little faith I had left in this product. This isn't a free product, this is something I paid for and you aren't delivering on your promises of keeping my computer safe and frankly I plan to start using something else. It's the weekend, but if it was a workday I would've easily lost a day of productivity. What if it is next time?

Your software is actually causing the problem it's supposed to stop. I don't want to use it anymore. It's like the seat belt that accidentally strangles people. When are we going to hear refunds, compensation, etc? I have no anti-virus, web protection now and even if you fix it, I have then what I assume is a useless or potentially dangerous anti-malware "solution". The next time you push out an update, I assume you won't test it then either.

Edited by BigMike317

5 minutes ago, exile360 said:

While I cannot speak for the staff, up until recently I was employed by Malwarebytes.  I know for a fact that they do have automated test systems in place to test all updates before they go out and I do believe it is also protocol to do some level of live user testing by Research, however, given the nature of this issue and the fact that it can take quite a while (especially in systems with fast CPUs/large amounts of RAM) for this particular issue to show any obvious symptoms I suspect this is why the update got past QA.

Regardless, knowing first-hand how other issues of this nature with broken/corrupted updates were handled in the past, I'm certain measures will immediately be put in place once the Devs fully understand the root cause to check for this issue for all future updates to prevent it from ever happening again.  Whatever caused this, it's got to be something really obscure in the code as it's not something we've ever seen with the software prior to this to my knowledge.

That still doesnt explain the fact that Immediately after I received V03 update it blocked everything. They would have noticed this. Something isnt adding up. 

My thought is something happened to the file AFTER it went through Q-A

Edited by mbates14

2 minutes ago, exile360 said:

good post. thank you. folks being all emo here.. sad. software is software, and stuff happens.

Just now, FIXNPCS said:

"We're aware of an issue ... [and] We are triaging this right now with all hands on deck. I will have an update shortly with root cause and will share with all of you as I get information."

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Did you just [sic] someone on the internet, sir?

Just now, exile360 said:

LMAO. I am running a gaming rig with an i7 and 8 gigs of RAM. It was 11:15 AM EST (15 minutes after the update was pushed) for my computer to crash. FIFTEEN MINUTES!!!

15 minutes ago, RubbeR DuckY said:

One last note: turning off Web Protection temporarily is an interim solution.

Team has identified issue, I will update everyone shortly.

I indentified the issue too. Your devs / QA department are a f***ing joke.

You've lost me as a customer, and I'm sure MANY corporate customers. I'll be over here sipping wine while your company burns to the ground.

Great job guys! Please fire the people who pushed this patch.

1 minute ago, JMac001 said:

Just stop the service until you see that a new update is available.

Can't help but wonder if some of these brand new users aren't from competitors.

Jim

New users? Nah, I've used this software for like 8 years. It's brought 3 of my machines, along with intense Excel work on my Surface, to it's knees. Lost too much data this morning to care about paying these guys more money. I may sound like I'm being unreasonable, but I disagree. I'm out, trust lost.