RubbeR DuckY

IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue

I haven't updated it yet, anyone using Win 7 can confirm it has fixed the memory leak and the real time protection issue?

Just now, eric01 said:

This screams of lack of due diligence on your latest release/update. You seriously need to examine your internal controls and your testing protocols.

Without doubt.

1 minute ago, trawlerman said:

I don't know if the problem has been fixed or I have found a solution pro tem: What I did was turn off Malwarebytes Service in Task Manager which triggered a message that the service would restart. When it automatically restarted the problem had gone away.

Glad that solution worked for you. The problem we're seeing is that MBAM allocates ALL RAM INCLUDING PAGE FILES and left running will crash the system & DAMAGE THE HARD DRIVE CONTENTS.

3 minutes ago, grunf said:

Capture1.PNG.0708944917b941bfdc30c2b72f95ef35.PNG

Hit current and wait for update to finish, restart MBAM after.

Yes i was doing that over and over. It just never alerted me that there was an update found so I didn't know it had been applied. I ended the task again because cpu and ram were still climbing. I ran MB a bit later, everything was fine. Thanks.

Just now, cstr said:

I haven't updated it yet, anyone using Win 7 can confirm it has fixed the memory leak and the real time protection issue?

In my case, fixed on Win10, but Windows 7 version fixed the memory leak, but NOT Web Protection.

Reboot fixed.  However, when the problem was ongoing MWB disabled all my security software, disabled NVIDIA softwaree and Windows Update.  Was this a hack of MWB?

1083 is the personal version that fixes things... anyone have information on the business version info?

Edited by BrianY

1 minute ago, xmonster said:

LOL 'mission critical'

Read your EULA, you're not going to sue

If it's mission critical, you should have had protections in place

When my office and it's staff sit there picking their nose this software sucks ass.

Stop sucking balls son.

I used to recommend this product. Not any more. Consider my 6 licenses dead.

1 minute ago, EsqAdvisory said:

Glad that solution worked for you. The problem we're seeing is that MBAM allocates ALL RAM INCLUDING PAGE FILES and left running will crash the system & DAMAGE THE HARD DRIVE CONTENTS.

Restart the system if your not computer savy at all. Which you seem to not be if your compaining. The update fixes it. 

The main post has been updated with resolution instructions and a link to a thread where more discussion is happening. We're going to lock this thread to keep discussion in one place.

For the main thread which includes a complete description and root cause analysis, please click here.

For assistance on how to recover for home users, please click here.

For assistance on how to recover for corporate users, please click here.

Edited by msherwood