I re-installed MBAM about 6 days ago and I started noticing that upon trying to connect to my VPN provider the machine would intermittently freeze and take over a minute to connect to my VPN. I thought it was the VPN and did a repair on it and everything seemed fine for a day or so before I starting having the issue again.
I disabled the web filter and that did not revolve the issue, but I threw up process hacker and tried to connect again and noticed that MBAMService.exe throttled up the CPU to 30 % or so and stayed up there until it connected. During that process the desktop locked up and was unable to click on anything on and off for a minute until it connected.
After doing this a few time i killed MBAM and the VPM connected in 15 seconds and no locking up of the PC. I am on Win10 64 bit 1803.