MB4 beta v4.1.0.56 CU 1.0.835 problem installing

Firefox

I have been trying to install this beta MB4 beta v4.1.0.56 CU 1.0.835 on a workstation.  It attempts to download, it gets as far as it can, then I get a message:

Your system must be restarted to complete the installation. Restart now?

I restart and the new beta is not installed, its still the same version I had.  Also I tried the repair tool, which ran fine, then tried to update again and no dice.  I collected the logs before doing the repair.

Can I get an offline installer for this version?

Edited by Firefox
deleted my logs

1 hour ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Samuel,

I had to do a mb-support clean run + re-select Beta option + then do a Check for new update to get my vers 4.1.0

It seems at least 5 of us ran into same issue.

I tried all that (including the scan, which I noted creates an alert status in the tray with no other indication that anything is wrong, including in the main UI).  I'll try again later I guess to see if the issue is sorted.

Regret to read that you guys also had the same install-fail loop issue.

I got mine taken care of by doing the MB-support-tool CLEAN /install procedure.

Be sure you allow lots of time after the reboot   and just wait patiently for phase 2  to do the new setup.   which gets a clean new install of 4.0.4

AND then,  go into the program and re-select BETA option - >  then do a new Check for Updates.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039023473-Uninstall-and-reinstall-using-the-Malwarebytes-Support-Tool

Now, to push the "attention staff"  bit    - - @H4V0C    @LiquidTension    see this thread + also 

Did you wait for the 2nd phase to complete the new install?

and then go back into MB program,  and then re-select the BETA option ?    then do a Check for Update?

If you did do all that, and still have the same issue, I'm suggesting you wait for Staff  tomorrow to look in here.

Meantime you can do a Gather logs from the Advanced option of the Malwarebytes Support tool.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039023453-Upload-Malwarebytes-Support-Tool-logs-manually

15 minutes ago, Gt-truth said:

I just done of doing a clean removal by using the Malwarebytes support tool . do a system restart  and then to do reinstall MB through the support tool and the problem unsolved .

Turn on beta updates and do a threat scan. Then see if the upgrade works.

@Maurice Naggar yes I did all what you have mentioned and still no go . OK will make another try to remove the software and report back .

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Turn on beta updates and do a threat scan. Then see if the upgrade works.

I did already turn on the beta updates channel and I will go with your suggestion and to see how it goes .

Edited by Gt-truth
typo

@Porthos your trick is work for me which is by do a threat scan then the Upgrade Available message will be to pop-up . I click on install and now I am up-to-date with the latest beta version! thanks for help to get Upgrade to be installed !

for everyone’s having the same problems , just do the same as I do by follow Porthos’s suggestion .

As I have already posted in another thread personally no problems on two PCs, one with Windows 10 LTSC and one with Windows 10 November 2019 Update with the latest updates available. But they both perform daily a threat scan

Edited by MAXBAR1
correction

Hi all,

There's a two-part process here involving a component update and a service update. In cases where 4.1.0 (the service update) does not appear to install, we believe it may be due to this taking place in the wrong order.

If you've encountered an issue with getting 4.1.0 installed, please gather logs with the Malwarebytes Support Tool:
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039023453-Upload-Malwarebytes-Support-Tool-logs-manually

Thank you!

• Staff

Hi everyone, I regret to see you're experiencing issues getting the latest beta release. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're aware of the issue and the team is looking into it. At this point we believe the complications you're experiencing are limited to the manner in which this beta update was applied. We don't foresee this update causing the same issues when it's opened up to the masses and set to general availability because the update/install process will be slightly different. Once again, we greatly appreciate you reporting this and we hope to provide a better beta experience with our next round of updates.

I had this exact same problem on my Laptop. It Installed and looped back to the 4.0. I finally went into Settings, About and clicked Check for Updates there.

It updated that way without me doing anything else. Odd thing is that yesterday my Desktop PC got the Beta update with NO problem.

I have at this time re-installed Windows 10 (Formatted aswell) because of other reasons.

Downloaded Malwarebytes 4.0.0, enabled Beta updates.

Tried to check for updates which was on the way to install. Then bam, it found a new beta. So it tried to install that one aswell. Installed both anyway, but when I looked I still had 4.0.0.

Rebooted tried the process again and without any result of updating to newest beta. So now I can't get beta :/