• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jackfwtx said:

I disabled the service rebooted and it still started. So had to uninstall as well. Has anyone heard of an official response? Or maybe it's Saturday and they don't want to ruin someone's weekend.

malwarebytes.png.b3a6b424f99f693e179079dae36edf5a.png

Official already reply and post at page 2 or page 3 .

Say they are working on it .

Just now, Miles2 said:

It's not too far-fetched, I just disabled MBAM, and bought Adaware Antivirus Premium. Going without a premium service isn't an option in my opinion. And now simply because I ordered Adaware today and have it for longer than MBAM, I won't be renewing MBAM until Adaware's sub is up.

I am also considering moving on to another premium service. This is unacceptable. 

For all those slamming MBAM, My company, my family and my home all use this product and have for years.  In all the years I have been using it, I rarely have any problems.  The amount of time and money this has saved our company and my kids PCs far outweighs having an issue every few years.  Most issues have been very minor (false positive, etc.).

If they are aware of it and working on a fix, I'll stand by.

I killed the service through windows and set it to disabled until I see a resolution.

Had this hit me also.  Thought it was Kerbal Space Program doing it, but I was just sitting at the Space Center view which usually doesn't affect CPU or RAM that much.  Holy heck, 30GB used...?  Killed it in task manager (which made CPU usage jump to 100%), it restarted itself.  Real Time Protection disabled...?  That's odd.  Rebooted.  Still acted up, gobbling up RAM.  Finally uninstalled it.  A pity, MWB has been my go-to solution for real-time protection.

Once they get it fixed, I'll reinstall it.  Now to remove it from my other machines for the (hopefully) short term.

1 minute ago, Miles2 said:

It's not too far-fetched, I just disabled MBAM, and bought Adaware Antivirus Premium. Going without a premium service isn't an option in my opinion. And now simply because I ordered Adaware today and have it for longer than MBAM, I won't be renewing MBAM until Adaware's sub is up.

If you say so. If you practice "safe surfing," you can avoid a lot. Even if it takes them 2 days for a fix, what are you doing that you're so exposed to malware?