Malwarebytes

RAM usage - what is going on?

Well same here, I uninstalled it because it kept to restart it self even when I canceled that option,while trying to turn on the real time web protection I got an error saying it cannot connect to their server and it seemed like the internet, seemed like an endless loop, at some point I thought they are trolling me, even taskkill from CMD didnt worked, I went back to Windows Defender and got 2.2 just in case.

Made an account to say I too am having this issue, minding my own business and it tells me I've ran out of memory and everything crashes, hard restart and kill of malwarebytes later so my computer can stay alive... Will an update roll out quickly to fix this issue?

3 minutes ago, banzaigtv said:

There are going to be some class action lawsuits as a result of this. Should I report this to the police?

Only if you like being fined for wasting police time.  They'd just laugh at you.

Seriously - disable it or uninstall it, wait for a confirmed-good update, reinstall it.

Stalk this guy's account for updates :- https://forums.malwarebytes.com/profile/1495-shadowwar/

Edited by Wyndstryke

I have today the same issue. MB seems to use 10 GB of my available memory.... Pretty annoying as it crashed my pc and lost 2 hours of work

Having the same issues here.

I closed it from the tray, and it stayed closed.

They better fix this ASAP!

Same issue on my end. Only noticed when I couldn't run a Virtual Machine. I am surprised that a small update can cause this much of a mess...hopefully a fix will be released soon.

Edited by ShadowMario3

I don't know if it was the same issue but most likely. Was sitting there gaming on the PS4 through the elgato when I noticed Discord crash. Then my entire desktop crashed, going black and the mouse barely able to move and stuttering to do so. Restarted and web protection was turned off as well as getting a warning saying that the license server couldn't be reached. Checked the event viewer and sure enough I saw an event that said "Out of virtual memory." Uninstalled until it's fixed. Big screw up on MWB's part. Biggest memory leak I've seen.

Edited by Chrionz

Same here, noticed my PC was suddenly super laggy as I opened a new tab in Chrome, disabled malwarebytes, and  5 minutes later it was so slow the computer failed to open task manager first time i tried. Scared the stuff out of me i must admit.

As others have said, WE NEED AN EXPLANATION. Don't just fix the problem and tell us it was fixed, tell us what the f*ck you did wrong.

Stuff like this does not happen with Apple.. J/K

You would think someone from MB would monitor the forum after a push which is obviously more then signatures. Good thing I am running my other AV otherwise I would go to sleep and dream of an overnight update to fix things.

Just crashed my computer. Did an uninstall and reinstall. Didn't help. Tried to end the process but it kept coming back. Finally uninstalled it again. Exact same issue as everyone else is having, it's eating up all my RAM.

This is completely unaccpetable, Malwarebytes. There was a similar update last year that also screwed things up.

ARE YOU NOT TESTING THESE UPDATES BEFORE YOU PUSH THEM TO MILLIONS OF COMPUTERS??? IF YOU ARE, YOU NEED A BETTER TESTING MATRIX.

;___;

Well windows defender is still decent too, but there really needs to be a quick patch for this RAM eating issue.

And "Cant verify license" / cant enable web protection.

42 minutes ago, shadowwar said:

We are investigating now. Trying to do a new publish which should be out in 10 mins. if everyone can check if this resolves it.

db update with a potential fix is MBAM3 Version: 1.0.3799

What the f*** is going on with you, Malwarebytes? Every f****** week a new problem comes up with your program.

Every day I have to restart my notebook because web protection deactivates. And now you decide to use all the RAM and CPU.

Congratulations, you are a disgrace! I regret buying the premium.

I disabled the service rebooted and it still started. So had to uninstall as well. Has anyone heard of an official response? Or maybe it's Saturday and they don't want to ruin someone's weekend.

malwarebytes.png.b3a6b424f99f693e179079dae36edf5a.png

11 minutes ago, WinuxNomacs said:

It would be nice if MWB would get off their asses and do something. This is far past a memory leak. This bug is causing an interrupt storm that's making the systems unresponsive before they run out of resources. Open handle count is sky rocketing which is likely where the memory leak is coming from. Congrats assholes, you just broke the world. Learn to test your stuff. FYI, not just a consumer, I'm cancelling the commercial license for your enterprise product. Tired of cleaning up your stuff. Will leave it up to the big boys at CarbonBlack instead of your shitware.

Lmao thanks for the laugh. Now get a grip you crybaby it's not the end of the world.

Same problem here. Memory keeps going up even after closing it. It'll just reset to 0 then climb with malwarebytes is closed. Found a quick fix though. Not a long term one just a short term. Task manager and end task. It resets it to 0 and forces it to slowly climb back up again. Really only works if you have a lot of memory in your system.

Capture.JPG

I'd say this has to be one of the most irresponsible releases from any software company I have seen in quite some time.  

I can only imagine how many systems will be affected.  Let's not mention the number of servers that might have crashed because of this.  The cost to fix for both personal and businesses will be unimaginable.    

2 minutes ago, PuREv1L said:

reboot and kill the process every 10-20 sec and uninstall or find a way to suspend the process till fix

Just right click the tray icon and close the application. You are running unprotected, which you didn't pay for, but your system will be stable.

4 minutes ago, cyraxote said:

Wow, talk about expectations. "You've lost a customer forever!" 

Settle down, Francis.

It's not too far-fetched, I just disabled MBAM, and bought Adaware Antivirus Premium. Going without a premium service isn't an option in my opinion. And now simply because I ordered Adaware today and have it for longer than MBAM, I won't be renewing MBAM until Adaware's sub is up.