Malwarebytes

RAM usage - what is going on?

Same thing here. I have seen it go up to almost 12GB. Here is a screenshot at 7GB.

My web protection won't start either.

What is going on?!?!

image.png.dfc6679cc3f60d62325703dae778dee5.png

Have the same problem, even after a reboot, the memory usage exceeds 90% without any active applications

Main background programs running include

Google Backup and Sync

Logitech keyboard software

Gigabyte EZTune

If it also makes a difference, Malwarebytes can't reach the account server to verify the account details, wondering if the "leakx is a poorly programed response to trying to verify the licence

1 minute ago, JaskaTheK9 said:

I know its Saturday, but we really should have some official statement or comment by now.

yes please.

After removing MBAM from my PCs, I'm creating new disk image backups to save the changes using Acronis True Image 2013, another program besides my antivirus which runs with NO ISSUES. HEAR THAT, MALWAREBYTES?!?!?

Same here. Consumed all 3 machines here. Perhaps a bit more testing was needed prior to releasing :)

I couldn't fully kill it (keeps coming back) so I renamed the MBAMService.exe file, killed it in task manager, and that stopped it.

What's the best way to know when they've released a working update? And also HOW will we update since the program is pretty much unusable right now?

Just now, ya_paid said:

yes please.

There was one many pages back; they are aware, pushed an update package that they hoped would address, and were waiting on people to update and confirm the issue again.

I did expect more than  this....MBAM work bankers hours.  They have a live customer service chat, but it is only M-F 9-6 PST.

30 minutes ago, CW1990 said:

Okay so, if you want MBAM turned off, you don't have to uninstall.

If you can, just go into MBAM - settings - go to protection, and then scroll down to where it says 'start up MBAM when PC starts up'. Turn off everything in that small block.

Then restart your PC.

It should stop MBAM from turning on for now.

Remember to turn everything back on once this is fixed again. I will be checking forums for updates.

I stole this image from this forum to make it easy (turn off ALL checkmarks under "Startup Options")

mLR9fC7.png&key=ee7df8ae162c277acf0eb903

Thank you. This works great

4 minutes ago, exex3 said:

holy stuff malwarebytes.. this stuff is worse than a virus, almost destroyed my cpu while i was idleing on a video game. reinstalling does not fix this either, memory does not stop rising  vYRjYS5.png

That retro Task manager though. How'd you get that?

Here's a screenshot of my Intel XTU app.  The light green line on top is RAM usage.  (Max RAM 32GB, and you can see it's pretty well all consumed by Malwarebytes Service).

I only noticed the problem after my laptop became unresponsive (naturally - no free memory will do that).

Yikes fellas - what gives?

xtu.jpg

4 minutes ago, barakobama said:

why isnt no one doing anything? are they insane? stop the new update and rollback  to the one prior!

Official already reply on page 2 or page 3 ,

say they are working on it .

At the moment I have a thought for people less comfortable than me with a computer and to whom I have bought this program. My family will hate me now. Thank you.

Guys please keep posting "Me too" without adding anything of value to the conversion. As we know the staff isn't aware of the problem yet (as indicated by their replies) so just keep spamming. I am sure that will fix the problem. Also if you happen to have any logs or additional information that might aid in the effort to fix the issue: DON'T POST IT!!!

1 minute ago, ZackZero said:

There was one many pages back; they are aware, pushed an update package that they hoped would address, and were waiting on people to update and confirm the issue again.

Can't they at least create a pinned post or a create a sticky on the main page where staff can report.

Malwarebytes is completely toast - it sits there chewing up memory until your computer crashes. 

How can you release this sort of rubbish...

Just now, ya_paid said:

Can't they at least create a pinned post or a create a sticky on the main page where staff can report.

Take it up with them, don't just quote me.  And this is as "pinned" as it needs to be - it's a HOT topic.

5a6cb50ca3497_highram.thumb.png.3fad2ad1bc9bad2d1a3a789771fd3507.png

Yea, My computer crashed more than once. Can't find a way to fix it, but only to end task it.