RAM usage - what is going on?

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lately malware bytes has been dropping the ball. First that annoying pop up that blocked any connections to  dropbox because it appearantly was "not trusted" and now this stuff. I seriously have to uninstall the program to be able to use my pc. FFS fix this stuff and maybe before releasing updates censoreding test them on some machines. One censored is fine, but constant ones for a paid service are annoying.

Apparently the good folks at MBAM work bankers hours.  They have a live customer service chat, but it is only M-F 9-6 PST. Guess we have to hope they monitor the forums since all I've seen so far from them is an automated response to the initial comment.  This could take a while if they don't get hot until Monday........

I could not agree MORE....lost  a half of day and still counting 

Just continuously eats RAM until system becomes unusable forcing a reset.

Very surprised at Malwarebytes for this. Given the far reaching damage its caused, it can't have been properly tested internally!
For me personally, its caused loss of work and loss of work time. 

They need to provide a full and detailed response as to what happened, why it happened and what they are going to do to ensure it doesn't happen again. 

It would be nice if MWB would get off their asses and do something. This is far past a memory leak. This bug is causing an interrupt storm that's making the systems unresponsive before they run out of resources. Open handle count is sky rocketing which is likely where the memory leak is coming from. Congrats assholes, you just broke the world. Learn to test your stuff. FYI, not just a consumer, I'm cancelling the commercial license for your enterprise product. Tired of cleaning up your stuff. Will leave it up to the big boys at CarbonBlack instead of your shitware.

Mega RAM reading, had to end task and Web protection wont turn on. Computer turned itself off, probably through exhaustion from by over worked.

Come on guys, its Saturday afternoon we really dont want all this, there are enough problems in the world already.

Same here guys.

What worked for me for switching it off instead of uninstalling is the following:

1.) Open up Malwarebytes

2.) Go to Settings -> Protection

3.) Switch off all 4 real-time protections

Malwarebytes might try to re-run after this and you might experience the same RAM usage for 1-2 mins but after then it should disappear/get back to normal.

Let me know if it's working for you too!

1 minute ago, DroolingLiver said:

Same here. My PC crashed twice in a row because of this. Completely froze and then got a black screen.

If you launch the program it will slowly accumulate in RAM until it crashes your PC.
I shut it down for now, because I'd rather not crash every 10 minutes.

This has to be the worst update to any kind of virus scanner that I've ever seen.

Not the first time MB has done this, if you look back on here or Google "malwarebytes web protection won't start" you'll see several cases over the years, and that's not including the a good number of times it happens in not such a massively destructive way as it has now.