• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sitedrifter said:

Not sure why people are whining about *how bad* MB is because it is normally rock solid for me and the last issue I had , I cannot remember.

Don't think one bit other vendors don't have issues like this or even worse (ask Avast about quarantining a critical windows file and if you had delete not quarantine on, your windows got hosed) so relax people. Why this is a bit of a mess, MB should be gauged on how fast they fix it unlike Symantec taking over 3 days to fis an issue a few years ago,

Absolutely. Over the years I have had loads of help from this site and I love Malwarebytes. It's annoying when things go wrong with computers and I too was worried about this- but now I know I really don't have to go shopping for more memory (yet!) and it's not my computer but a glitch of some sort. I'm happy to wait until the experts here sort it out.

Malwarebytes rocks!

8 minutes ago, Regulated said:

I am also considering moving on to another premium service. This is unacceptable. 

3 minutes ago, Jtwizzle said:

Well to be fair there are very few alternatives to windows, even less if you are a gamer.

3 minutes ago, Breach said:

In my 25 years of IT experience I've never seen such a botch job from a major software vendor. They're effectively crashing/rebooting the computers of all their customers at the moment!

You live under a rock!

If I learned anything from this, its that a major software vendor does not test their software in a test environment. That scares me because I rely on them for security... if they can let something as obvious as a memleak get pushed to their deployment branch then we've got issues. You guys might think I'm overreacting, but I need confidence in the software that I rely on for security. They have definitely lost me as a customer.

It is the latest malware protection, eat all the system resources until the computer won't function - system protected.

In all seriousness, I've had the issue with real time web protection not working on and off for the last few months, but I have this issue starting this morning.

2 minutes ago, joker1231978 said:

Definitely agree that this is over the top, but.....   If they have any corporate contracts out there and this crashes them, there will be repercussions.  Those repercussions can get pretty sever depending on who the customer is.

Yeah, fair enough. I wasn't really thinking about it as it's just my home machines being affected. Imagine a 10,000 seat call center being brought to its knees. Hopefully its one of those damn telemarketing call centers :)

18 minutes ago, OneEyedLeftist said:

It's not destructive, just massively annoying. Like I stated previously, I've had antivirus/malware software kill my OS before, requiring a complete reinstall.. Now THAT'S destructive.  I'm just relieved it's only a memory leak they can fix, and not some new malware that's figured out how to kill antimalware software!  It's fixable without data loss.

It locked up three machines requiring hard-resets due to the complete exhaustion of memory on all three.  Two of the three machines there were running applications that lost data due to their inability to save it .. that's DESTRUCTIVE in my dictionary.

3 minutes ago, Heynowyourearockstar said:

No but you're acting like your family will absolutely hate your form this 1 bug. Grow up

This is a serious bug. I was reading an article (informative) about Ransomware yesterday published by Malwarebytes. At the same time, they have a memory leak. There is a true possibility of a lawsuit. I'm going to stop Malwarebytes and run something else until they fix it. It will keep happening until a patch is issued.

4 minutes ago, capun said:

Tried everything short of un-installing it. The MBAM process keeps re-starting and you can see it starting to gobble up RAM until it eats it all.

Trying to stop the service, you get a message about an error with the handler. Trying it again it stops then re-starts creating the MBAM process once again. It's a forever loop

Time to un-install it until it is fixed.

Don't uninstall it.  Just restart your computer (hard reset if you have to), and as soon as your computer starts up, open Malwarebytes, uncheck the option to have it start at startup, and then either restart your computer again or close it from task manager or the notification icons area.

1 minute ago, domem said:

If I learned anything from this, its that a major software vendor does not test their software in a test environment. That scares me because I rely on them for security... if they can let something as obvious as a memleak get pushed to their deployment branch then we've got issues. You guys might think I'm overreacting, but I need confidence in the software that I rely on for security. They have definitely lost me as a customer.

not at all sir you are perfectly right

2 minutes ago, RubbeR DuckY said:

All, we are triaging this as we speak. I will have more information for you all shortly.

Dear Malwarebytes CEO ,

I am a Malwarebytes loyal customer , using MB for many years .

As i remember , Malwarebytes never had this kind big problem before ,

however it happen twice in short time ,

this shouldn't happen on Malwarebytes this kind big company ....

Hope Malwarebytes can find a good way and solution , make sure this never happen again .