Malwarebytes

RAM usage - what is going on?

Just now, schizoid77 said:

The staff reply was 35 minutes ago.  I'm uninstalling until they post an official thread explaining why they just bricked thousands of PCs on a Saturday morning.

I uninstalled ;-) Now I have an undeletable Malwares folder which even admin cannot delete...

You're supposed to protect our computers, not break them. Since this problem occured my computer crashed, and now my PC is only picking up 8 out of the 16gb RAM installed. What is this madness?

1. Go to Settings and uncheck "Start Malwarebytes at windows startup" and "Enable self protection module early start".

2. Restart your computer.

3. Problem should be gone.

4. Don't forget to reenable these when problem is fixed

Same here. Crashed my system. Came out of nowhere. NowI keep getting real time protection has been turned off. Frustrating.

4 minutes ago, u2berggeist said:

That retro Task manager though. How'd you get that?

err just change windows theme to windows classic, not sure if its available for win10 tho

Just now, banzaigtv said:

There are going to be some class action lawsuits as a result of this. Should I report this to the police?

No offense, but that's a huge overreaction. The police would laugh if you called them. Additionally, no lawyer in the world would touch that. 

I loved Malwarebytes v1

v2 was still working ok.

since then malwarebytes started charging more and more while their software became worse each time it was udpdates.

Looks to me if the ones in charge of that company should better look out for a doctor as skilled as their software was in the early days, since they seem to suffer from something which will likely ruin the company must faster that it did grow up.

2 minutes ago, CDK9 said:

Maybe when an update is being pushed we have to do the update quickly before our RAM being eaten up, freezing the PC xD.

you just say the thing i am worry about ,

if the system can't get update before freezing ,

god .... that will be a disaster .

Same happened to me as well. Started about 40 minutes ago and eats up all my available RAM. It starts from a few hundred MB and ends up eating around 6GB of my 8 GB available. Uninstalled this stuff until they manage to fix it.

This they asked for logs....here ya go

MB-Check

1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
  3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
    • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
    • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

mb-check-results.zip

Oh great. My system just crashed and I thought there is something wrong with my laptop. But as usual, it's Malwarebytes.

Just now, barakobama said:

is this happening cause of the new update?

Given the number of people who have this problem and how it came seemingly out of nowhere, I'm guessing yes.

same problem on multiple machines, forced to disable the service to get RAM back you have to go to service options and turn it to take no action instead of restart service as the service will crash when you try to stop it and automatically restart

Greg

Just now, barakobama said:

is this happening cause of the new update?

Most likely yes a bad update happened this morning.

2 minutes ago, banzaigtv said:

There are going to be some class action lawsuits as a result of this. Should I report this to the police?

Are you a Russian troll just trying to rile people up? Good luck with your class-action suit. What harm can you show, other than losing a few minutes of time while you disable the service.

1 minute ago, bluegiraffe said:

I now cannot use my computer at all. I am posting this from an iPad! I have been unable to get malwarebytes to stay on and the computer is just trucking away like mad with me doing nothing at all. RAM is at 98%.

reboot and kill the process every 10-20 sec and uninstall or find a way to suspend the process till fix