RAM usage - what is going on?

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tried everything short of un-installing it. The MBAM process keeps re-starting and you can see it starting to gobble up RAM until it eats it all.

Trying to stop the service, you get a message about an error with the handler. Trying it again it stops then re-starts creating the MBAM process once again. It's a forever loop

Time to un-install it until it is fixed.

1 minute ago, afbergner said:

Just a word to everyone saying "I've had enough of Malwarebytes - I'm going to switch to something else"....Switching to another program can potentially bring different problems.  Every antivirus product I've ever used has had an issue here and there.  Even Microsoft releases buggy updates, and here we all are still using Windows.  Just sit tight.  They'll fix it.

Well to be fair there are very few alternatives to windows, even less if you are a gamer.

1 minute ago, cyraxote said:

If you say so. If you practice "safe surfing," you can avoid a lot. Even if it takes them 2 days for a fix, what are you doing that you're so exposed to malware?

Some of those Free-Stream sites (123movieshub.to) that have content that would normally only be on premium sites (HBO) movies/tv shows, but have some nasty malware.

Just now, Sitedrifter said:

Not sure why people are whining about *how bad* MB is because it is normally rock solid for me and the last issue I had , I cannot remember.

Don't think one bit other vendors don't have issues like this or even worse (ask Avast about quarantining a critical windows file and if you had delete not quarantine on, your windows got hosed) so relax people. Why this is a bit of a mess, MB should be gauged on how fast they fix it unlike Symantec taking over 3 days to fis an issue a few years ago,

In my 25 years of IT experience I've never seen such a botch job from a major software vendor. They're effectively crashing/rebooting the computers of all their customers at the moment!

1 minute ago, csaustin said:

Bahahah! "Class action lawsuit", "Police", "You've lost a customer forever". Seriously? 

Uninstall the damn thing and carry on. Reinstall when it's fixed.

Definitely agree that this is over the top, but.....   If they have any corporate contracts out there and this crashes them, there will be repercussions.  Those repercussions can get pretty sever depending on who the customer is.

This is a pretty epic and newsworthy memory leak. Windows PCs and/or important applications probably crashing around the world.

Our security cam surveillance software running on a Windows machine crashed.  Wouldn't have noticed had I not peaked at the automation and security dashboard just before leaving. Uninstalled for safety. 

Automated testing for memory leaks on Windows is about the easiest testing of all to implement.

PC just suddenly crashed. Freaking service consumed nearly all my 32gb of RAM, followed by a massive virtual memory rape. Check this out: Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: MBAMService.exe (3876) consumed 56.193.048.576 bytes. After reboot I got 21gb of RAM consumed by this thing.

Time to uninstall and possibly request a refund if this thing is not fixed any time soon.

malwarebytes-lowmemory-01.JPG

Yeah same damn issue, was playing Skyrim and suddenly lagged like a damn mofo.

Looked at cpu and ram and CPU is fine but ram was like 90%+ use restarted comp nothing so checked forums and find I am not the only one.

I have currently closed my program and now comp is fine. making post so that malware can tell me when its fixed.

3 minutes ago, UncleMax said:

I don't understand why ppl are starting new threads on this.  I just had to go look, and there are like 5 or 6.  Heh.  I think I'm going to call the IT guy in Hawaii missile alert center.. maybe they know how to halp MWB crunch a fix for this.  I mean, they only took 45 min to send out their " so sorry " alert.

lol !

you just make me can't stop laughing !

Edited by KevinYu0504

If your computer crashed due to RAM exhaustion (like mine did), just a reminder to check the file system for errors:  in Windows Explorer, right click on your drive (like "OS (C:)"), select Properties, then the Tools tab, then the Check button ("This option will check the drive for file system errors.").  This rarely finds anything wrong under Win10, but it did on mine just now.  If it finds errors, it will ask you to reboot to get them repaired.