Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

About AnotherConcernedCitizen

  • Rank
    Regular Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I don't know if this will be of any help, but I've been running Avast Premium Security (latest, 'RealSite' protection disabled) alongside MBAM 4.x without noticing an issues. 'RealSite' has been disabled due to past issues, so I would suggest testing to see if it alleviates the problem?
  2. Updated to FF v70.0.1 last week & had no issues w/ MBAM v3.x. Updated MBAM to v4.x today & still no issues. Sounds like FF can't save profile updates on close (read-only), so the process gets 'stuck' & is still active when you restart FF. Does MBAM protect FF profiles in a manner I've never noticed? If not, I'd think just fixing the profile permissions SHOULD resolve the issue.
  3. Been there, done that. But I also understand some people have lives... never met one, but I understand... 😑
  4. I find myself 'joining the the choir' here. I regard MBAM as a (valued) tool & expect the UI to provide detailed status at a glance, sans glitz. Make it skinnable for those that crave personalization (if you must), but I, too, would prefer a more business-like (professional) presentation. Never quite got over the Windows XP 'Fisher-Price' interface... which was, at least, optional. Just another $.02.
  5. I appreciate your hesitation, but would never have considered posting either had I detected anything untoward. Sorry, I probably should have obscured them somehow.(insert code?). The upshot was that these are common javascript 'toys', not malware. The forum post suggested 'disabling a screensaver', but it could just as easily have been something in the browser cache.
  6. Is this what you are seeing? auz.github.io/Bug/ I found this discussion via websearch: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620622/insect-on-screen-malware/
  7. I've run into this before. The problem (in my case) is that once you've provided admin credentials to perform the uninstall/repair operation, things that are configured to run after a reboot apply to the admin account. After reboot, if you auto-login, or log into to user account, those things don't happen. Log out & log back in as admin and the re-installation will execute. Give that a try.
  8. As a counterpoint, I'm running Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 / Avast Premier (latest/fully armed) / MBAM (latest/fully armed), with no signs of conflict. On average, both MBAMService / AvastSVC typically using < 1% CPU each, according to Process Explorer. I've been watching closely since the CU 1.0.527 was installed.
  9. I started out running an early release of 1.0.527 last night with all Avast Premier shields disabled. Re-enabled this morning. No problems either way. This freeze has never been a conflict between MBAM & [any A/V Product]. The freeze happened without Avast installed (tested/verified ~Dec. 8 for Devin).
  10. While I agree with the concept of some sort of alert system, and that the 'machinery', in part, might already be in place, I also anticipate the flood of users slamming this forum/MBAM support to determine if an alert is real, or some sort of 'attack'. I hope they can ultimately arrive at a solution acceptable to all parties involved, although I doubt it'll be as straight forward as most propose.
  11. Correction... the offending string is 'amp;' sans '&', but you probably knew that.
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.