Disables Internet

1 minute ago, eliasp said:

I am sure I am doing something wrong.

We need to get information from this machine in order to have the proper detail to help you forward.
 NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

Download Malwarebytes Support Tool

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support xxx.xx.exe to run the report
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"

Do NOT use the button “Start repair” !
    Click the Advanced tab on the left column

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, AS1 said:

Beta 1.0.804 was released in the last hour, just applied this, and restarted and will now try things again..

Currently my fingers and toes are crossed!

Ok, I'm going to be bold here and say Malwarebytes should roll the beta update out to production, my network issues have been resolved and no more BSOD's. (fingers crossed)

By rolling out the update you should be able to clear the current backlog of issues and concentrate on any fresh ones!

Thank you all at Malwarebytes and the forum members.

12 minutes ago, AS1 said:

By rolling out the update you should be able to clear the current backlog of issues and concentrate on any fresh ones!

Unless it opens up new issues. That is why it is beta and more people need to try it first and report issues not just successes.

17 minutes ago, somicdj said:

after a couple of years using the free version, finally made the jump this weekend to purchase the premium version....and BOOM! Multiple BSOD and internet issues........... now questioning my decision 

Greetings,

I'm sorry that you have experienced these issues, however they should be corrected by the latest beta.  If you would, please install the beta by following the guidance provided in this post and test to verify that the issues are resolved and let us know how it goes and if you experience any further problems or issues.

Thanks

Excellent, I'm glad that it's working soundly now :)

Yes, it sounds likely that the original driver was probably still loaded into memory when you initially rebooted, resulting in the BSOD on shutdown (I guess it had to get in one final crash before giving up the ghost), but hopefully it is resolved now.

Please let us know if you do encounter any further issues though.

Thanks

I have been having the same types of problems with loss of networking functionality and the ethernet adapter not working normally on two Windows 10 PC. One was fine on 1809, but began experiencing problems after updating to 1909. The other was a recently installed Windows 10 PC running 1903 that began having problems that continued after updating to 1909.

The first PC's problems appear to have been resolved by installing the 1.0.804 beta. The second PC is continuing to have networking problems unless Real-Time Web protection is disabled, even with 1.0.804 beta installed. There have been no problems with networking for 36 hours since I discovered this thread and disabled Real-Time Web protection. So, I am attaching the logs from the support tool in the hopes a solution for my second PC can be identified.

The second PC is running on significantly older hardware than the first, and has only recently begun running Windows 10. It had no problems running 1903 since October until earlier this month shortly after Patch Tuesday.

If there is any additional information I can provide, please let me know.

mbst-grab-results.zip

SPECIFICALLY: When using latest update of Google Chrome browser:

'Resolving Host' is taking forever .... 
   especially with Windows 8.1,  (2 machine)
      somewhat with Windows 10  (2 machines)
         but NOT AT ALL with Windows 7!   (3 machines)

My TEMPORARY SOLUTION: 
   Control Panel -> System and Security  ->  Administrative Tools -> Services 
   and
      DISABLE MBAMService / Malwarebytes Service

This phenomenon has been affecting Win 10 for several weeks and now suddenly today a COMPLETE kill of Win 8.1

My professional opinion? Malwarebytes does NO testing.

Okay see if this sounds familiar to anyone 

i'm running windows 10 pro on an old computer  the last few days I have been getting  little globe notification saying that I have no internet  

So i'm in a panic that my old computer is finally dying... i try reinstalling network drivers and everything i can think of... so it ran for a few hours then happened again  no internet  

still thinking it's hardware but not knowing what to do cause i can't afford a new system

then i come here & see this

right now web protection is turned off

tell me something

is this the version with the issue?

version.png

More than likely yes, I can not confirm that entirely without reviewing logs from the computer in question.  But the most current version has bug fixes so it will most likely correct the issue your having.  If it does not then we will need to collect logs from your computer to see if anything else may be going on.

Go Ahead and update.

Hi, I just registered to report the same problem.

I just did a manual update by pressing "check for updates" on the program, and it said there was an update, so I did it.

Attached is the screenshot of my running version, please see if is the fixed version.

By the way, the auto update option is checked, so why I had to manually update?

malwarebytes.PNG.adaa256425ece3ba28c863da7649f80b.PNG

7 minutes ago, raphaelmsx said:

By the way, the auto update option is checked, so why I had to manually update?

It will in time, however new versions are metered out to users gradually over time, but if you wish to avoid the wait you may open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings and click on the Install Application Updates button and the new version should be downloaded and offered to you to install

7 minutes ago, raphaelmsx said:

Attached is the screenshot of my running version, please see if is the fixed version.

Your version is the CURRENT (as of today) Beta. It might correct your issue but that is uknown at this time because release notes have not been posted yet.

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It will in time, however new versions are metered out to users gradually over time, but if you wish to avoid the wait you may open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings and click on the Install Application Updates button and the new version should be downloaded and offered to you to install

Oh, that's ok.

And what about my running version, is it the one fixed? Sorry to ask again, I'm just tired of rebooting a lot of times to get back internet, so I want to be sure it's fixed now.