Disables Internet

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Wonko said:

Hi. My second PC I provided logs for is still not working properly with 1.0.804. Do the logs provide any insights? Thanks. 

Please enable debug service logging and then reproduce the issue.

• Open Malwarebytes.
  • Click Settings.
  • Enable the Event log data settings.

Once the issue has been reproduced, rerun the Malwarebytes Support Tool and gather logs. Please attach the new mbst-grab-results.zip file.

I had the exact issue that everyone complained about here. It drove me crazy for about a week. I eventually figured out it was a software issue because I never lost my internet connection in safe mode. I found the issue ultimately when I let my computer disconnect the internet, then shut down, which took forever, and let it go to blue screen, saying driver power state failure and create a dump file. That is when I used Whocrashed and it pointed always to mbamchameleon.sys under driver power state failure. I found that odd as I did not know this file was actually a driver. Like others, as long as I used my machine constantly, it would not crash. Only is left alone for a few minutes. I went through a lot of diag for this. It sucked up a lot of my time. Swapping hardware, updating drivers, etc, before trying safe mode. In any event, after I saw the issue, I found this thread. Just updated manually to the latest version. Hopefully that problem is gone. Thanks for this forum. Much appreciated.

3 hours ago, berniez said:

I had the exact issue that everyone complained about here. It drove me crazy for about a week. I eventually figured out it was a software issue because I never lost my internet connection in safe mode. I found the issue ultimately when I let my computer disconnect the internet, then shut down, which took forever, and let it go to blue screen, saying driver power state failure and create a dump file. That is when I used Whocrashed and it pointed always to mbamchameleon.sys under driver power state failure. I found that odd as I did not know this file was actually a driver. Like others, as long as I used my machine constantly, it would not crash. Only is left alone for a few minutes. I went through a lot of diag for this. It sucked up a lot of my time. Swapping hardware, updating drivers, etc, before trying safe mode. In any event, after I saw the issue, I found this thread. Just updated manually to the latest version. Hopefully that problem is gone. Thanks for this forum. Much appreciated.

Hi Guys, thanks for all your feedback! As Berniez, I've tried everything he described for two weeks with no success. Last network crash was one hour ago with :

image.png.a8a4555f3a1a8b1c084ffb65ac8eb4

I just made a new update and seemingly there is a new package I just downloaded:

Malwarebytes version
Update package version
Component package version

We hope it works! Lots of work to handle and lots of time expend for nothing with this issue!

If it does not work I will try legacy version 3.8.3.2965-1.0.629.

Is that working well for the people who had installed it?

On 1/30/2020 at 5:23 PM, aussiemoonlight said:

Hi Guys, thanks for all your feedback! As Berniez, I've tried everything he described for two weeks with no success. Last network crash was one hour ago with :

image.png.a8a4555f3a1a8b1c084ffb65ac8eb4

I just made a new update and seemingly there is a new package I just downloaded:

Malwarebytes version
Update package version
Component package version

We hope it works! Lots of work to handle and lots of time expend for nothing with this issue!

If it does not work I will try legacy version 3.8.3.2965-1.0.629.

Is that working well for the people who had installed it?

Until now (2020-02-03) the problem seems to be solved downloading recent updates (now with MB version 4.0.449, Update package version
1.0.18636, Component package version 1.0.810).

However we wonder if the slow opening of web sites is not a consequence of Windows Defender and Malwarebytes working at the same time.

Unfortunately, there are only 3 options as I type this. Uninstall Malwarebytes or run the latest beta or downgrade to the release before 4.0. I am running the latest beta and my network card works fine where with the previous release it knocked me off line every time. Everything seems ok for now.

On 2/3/2020 at 7:07 AM, aussiemoonlight said:

However we wonder if the slow opening of web sites is not a consequence of Windows Defender and Malwarebytes working at the same time.

It is not. Defender and MB work fine together.

It would help if we had logs for your system.

Please follow the directions from the following article and post back the requested logs and we'll review to assist you.

Upload Malwarebytes Support Tool logs manually

Thank you

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links

4 hours ago, JGibson said:

Is there a shipping version that fixes the network disable bug?  I have clients that are running into this. They are adverse to beta software so turning on beta is not an option. 

What version are they on. There is no beta at this time over the current version.

current version..png

That is the version I am using. My understanding that was a beta. It may now be a release. This version fixes the network card problem at least for my machine. As long as you force Malwarebytes to down load the latest version, you should get the version you listed. I have Malwarebytes set to download beta updates. There is a switch on the general screen for this.

Until now (2020-02-03) the problem seems to be solved downloading recent updates (now with MB version 4.0.449, Update package version

On 2/3/2020 at 3:04 PM, Porthos said:

Please follow the directions from the following article and post back the requested logs and we'll review to assist you.

Thank you

@Porthos Thank's for your interest in helping us.

Files requested:

mbst-grab-results.zip

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links

On 2/3/2020 at 3:04 PM, Porthos said:

Thank you

@Porthos Thank's for your interest in helping us.

Files requested:

mbst-grab-results.zip

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links

Thanks Porthos, we will disable Web protection as you suggest, even though after the last MB update performance got back normal.

However, we now have the "Always register  Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center " button turned off;

should we turn it on for any reason?

Before those the Web (Chrome and Edge) was having very slow downloads with many interruptions , with the mouse constantly freezing  and having messages that we did not have the server access turned on... But with the browsers turned off the programs worked well and the computer regained good performance.

Cheers

mbst-grab-results.zip

2 minutes ago, aussiemoonlight said:

However, we now have the "Always register  Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center " button turned off;

should we turn it on for any reason?

Personally, (I am not an employee of MB) I keep it off so Defender will stay active as well.