Malwarebytes Introduces Windows 7 Support

• Root Admin

As many of you know, Microsoft launched its revolutionary Windows 7 yesterday, October 22, 2009. To cater to our users' needs, we have made Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Windows 7 compatible and starting with version 1.41 we now officially support Windows 7. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will continue to be supported on Windows 2000, XP, and Vista along with most Server editions (both 32-bit and 64-bit).

If you are running a version lower than Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.41, please upgrade to the latest version by clicking here.

We thank you for your continued support!

Marcin Kleczynski

Not here unfortunutely, don't know if this is where i should post it but, Im running Win7 pro Retail (JUST INSTALLED) , I can install MBAM loads up fine, then as soon as I start a scan it just fades into the background.(No processes left or anything.) Strange thimg is as soon as I installed Win7 I immediately got a rootkit or something and I've never had a virus in my life. Whenever I try and click on a link through google it re-directs me to a STOPZILLA crap buying site. But as long as I put the URL i want directly into the address bar it works...It redirects me to greatfeedmill.com then to a site that searches for the site i was looking for in the first place...some lame hackers I swear...like they waited till Win7 drops just to ruin peoples day.

Not here unfortunutely, don't know if this is where i should post it but, Im running Win7 pro Retail (JUST INSTALLED) , I can install MBAM loads up fine, then as soon as I start a scan it just fades into the background.(No processes left or anything.) Strange thimg is as soon as I installed Win7 I immediately got a rootkit or something and I've never had a virus in my life. Whenever I try and click on a link through google it re-directs me to a STOPZILLA crap buying site. But as long as I put the URL i want directly into the address bar it works...It redirects me to greatfeedmill.com then to a site that searches for the site i was looking for in the first place...some lame hackers I swear...like they waited till Win7 drops just to ruin peoples day. Im getting blue screens of death on my first day of win7, sad

p.s. i think i might have found the root of the problem with the spyware crap...greatfeedmill will hijack through I.E. then move to Firefox...

@MBAM Team,

Congrats, I wish you all the success!

@seifen,

I would post a new thread about this but the important question is, how did you get spyware on your computer that fast if you are using a legit Windows 7 disc and you just installed it today? Did you install antivirus and antispyware software before surfing the Internet?

p.s. i think i might have found the root of the problem with the spyware crap...greatfeedmill will hijack through I.E. then move to Firefox...

Yeah, it was inconvenient since i accidentally purchased the upgrade version of win7, so i had to reinstall vista, the upgrade to win7 again....annoying.

But on the upside MBAM is working nicely...

@MBAM Team,

Congrats, I wish you all the success!

@seifen,

I would post a new thread about this but the important question is, how did you get spyware on your computer that fast if you are using a legit Windows 7 disc and you just installed it today? Did you install antivirus and antispyware software before surfing the Internet?

To answer your question, no I didn't install anti-virus, never have before...never had a virus before....until today, now i am running the freeware antivirus from sourceforge and peerguardian is my backup also now...

I also am running windows 7 does anyone know how to setup Malwarebytes to scan a file after downloading before opening, I can't seem to do that in windows 7 - I had no trouble in Vista, all I had to do is right click on the file than I had the option to scan using Malwarebytes but I can't do that now, any suggestions

Thanks

Sandaman2020 <_<

• 3 weeks later...