New version of the forum! Feedback

29 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

About the EDIT function.   I found it by clicking the triple dot at the top of the box.  Click once to reveal  & then go slow and careful.

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Especially if you have moderation powers.

It is for sure a bit of an unexpected move initially, but once you see its truly a Comment/Post Options Menu, it makes more sense and aligns with modern UI/UX standards.

21 minutes ago, BillH99999 said:

@David H. Lipman

I didn't test, but I'm not sure.  I did find the Mark Forum Read link.  I thought Mark Site Read would mark all forums on the site as read, but I don't want to do that as a test.

Bill

You're correct.  Mark site read marks *all* forums as read.

18 hours ago, John L. Galt said:

Logging out, and then removing all cookies associated with MB from Firefox, then logging back in gave me the error again - but eventually the forums loaded and now it seems to work, even with home button / mark forums read button.

FWIW - there were 32 cookies associated with forums.malwarebytes.com before I deleted them all.  Now there are only 9.  But that could also be due to viewing other posts, people's signatures, external references / posts / quotations, etc.  So not a guaranteed 'fix', per se, but it did seem to help.  Will know more as I continue to use the forums.

I had the same issue too @John L. Galtat the very beginning but all is well now. 

2 hours ago, Hardhead said:

@AlexSmith,

There’s no way to login using an iPhone. I will attach pictures. I was able to login using a Password manager. 

8D9F72E4-8BA9-44A6-9004-18089700401E.thumb.png.42cec515826e11b5eb4e2be6b97b9c65.png

Not sure if you are aware of this issue or not. Sorry forgot to add what it looks like when using password manager.

A4664027-DB1B-48F9-8B41-989DE707A5FF.thumb.png.995a920cdaa7966f9b142ce56f03f2c1.png

This is a theme color bug that will be resolved shortly. The current default Malwarebytes 4.5 theme has the hamburger menu to rendering in white on a white background, making it essentially invisible. You can actually click on where it is supposed to be and it will actually function.

The other themes do not have this issue, so when you log in you are switched to the theme you last used which doesn't have this issue.

2 hours ago, Hardhead said:

Thanks for all you do!

Thank you for the kind words!! Glad to help!!

42 minutes ago, AlexSmith said:

This is a theme color bug that will be resolved shortly. The current default Malwarebytes 4.5 theme has the hamburger menu to rendering in white on a white background, making it essentially invisible. You can actually click on where it is supposed to be and it will actually function.

The other themes do not have this issue, so when you log in you are switched to the theme you last used which doesn't have this issue.

Thank you for the kind words!! Glad to help!!

@AlexSmith I’m sorry I forgot to mention what you have posted as it was in Dark Mode on my other iPhone and didn’t notice it until a little while ago. Had to take my dog to the vet and just got back home. She will be fine!

Thanks once again...

Wonder why IPS doesn't set up a 'test' portal for customers to test their customizations / plugins / themes / etc. *before* releasing a new version into the wild that, for all intents and purposes, breaks 25% or more of current sites.

I mean, sure, for a small site that has low activity, not a big deal - but when you're affecting high traffic volume sites, particularly sites like this one that provide malware removal services, where time is of an extremely valuable essence, having something to work with before hand could save a lot of trouble down the road...

I know you are still getting rid of some bugs in the new forum.

Just throw something into the mix that is affecting me.

I'm on a Mac using Safari 13.1.2

I also use on this browser the Dark Reader extension 1.3.3

Dark Reader no longer works on the new forum.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

2 minutes ago, PaulBostock said:

I know you are still getting rid of some bugs in the new forum.

Just throw something into the mix that is affecting me.

I'm on a Mac using Safari 13.1.2

I also use on this browser the Dark Reader extension 1.3.3

Dark Reader no longer works on the new forum.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the feedback Paul!!

I will see what we can do here, but our hands might be tied since this sounds like an issue with a 3rd party extension to me.

As an alternative though, we will be releasing improved theme options like Dark Mode and Dark/Night Mode OLED. We are doing internal and limited public testing on those now.

Thanks for the reply Alex.

You could be right.  However I would just note that for me Safari/Dark Reader has worked with your old forum for many years.

Also:  I have the latest version of Chrome on my Mac which also has Dark Reader.

Your new forum works fine on Chrome/Dark Reader.

Thanks

Paul

You might check and see if there are any known issues with the latest version of Invision's forum software and the extension you use, as that is the source of Malwarebytes' forum software and the recent updates to it.  Many forums will be updating soon and several (including Malwarebytes, obviously) have already.  I recall hearing that the Piriform/CCleaner forums were updated as well so you might check to see if your extension works there or not, and if not then the issue must be with IPS' software, and while that does not necessarily mean there is nothing that can be done on Malwarebytes' end here to fix it, it would be a lot less likely I would think since there is only so much that they are allowed/able to change and do with the software.

6 hours ago, John L. Galt said:

Wonder why IPS doesn't set up a 'test' portal for customers to test their customizations / plugins / themes / etc. *before* releasing a new version into the wild that, for all intents and purposes, breaks 25% or more of current sites.

I mean, sure, for a small site that has low activity, not a big deal - but when you're affecting high traffic volume sites, particularly sites like this one that provide malware removal services, where time is of an extremely valuable essence, having something to work with before hand could save a lot of trouble down the road...

That's a good question @John L. Galt. You would think they would have there very on Beta testing site for users to report bugs.

45 minutes ago, kevinf80 said:

@AlexSmith Replies in thread are not numbered, if you want to tell an OP to look at reply #1 etc, there is no reference number to quote..

@kevinf80

Please Reference THIS and posts that follow.