Jump to content


Honorary Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BillH99999

  1. OK... thanks. In any case I have turned that option off so hopefully won't run into this situation again. Thanks, Bill
  2. I guess I still don't understand. I thought it was only detected because I had "Use expert system algorithms to identify malicious files" enabled. Why would the database version make any difference - or- does this option rely on the database for it's detections? Bill
  3. Well... my scheduled threat scan which ran at 12:01 AM on 7/10 didn't detect it, but my scheduled custom scan which ran at 12:15 AM on 7/10 did detect it. Hence my original question about why a custom scan would detect it, but a threat scan wouldn't. The file was C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\SPFLITE2\LIB\THINBASIC_TRACE.DLL and it was there for both scans. Bill Threat Scan Results.txt Custom Scan Results.txt
  4. I guess that was my question. If it is supposed to check all program folders, then why didn't the threat scan detect it? If was in a subfolder of Program Files (x86). The custom scan did detect it. Bill
  5. Thank for the info. I have run the program that this is part of on numerous occasions without getting anything detected even though the custom scan detected it. I guess this means the program didn't execute this particular .DLL. I think I'll keep running my custom scan as it did detect it. Thanks, Bill
  6. I would have thought that C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86) and it's subdirectories would have been "malware related areas". Is that not the case? Is there a list somewhere of what areas the threat scan looks at? I have seen on these boards many times that custom scans are not needed and that threat scan are sufficient. This would seem to refute that idea. Bill
  7. Why was this detected in a scheduled custom scan, but not in a scheduled threat scan or a user initiated threat scan? Bill
  8. @Porthos That setting was turned on. I don't remember ever turning it on, but maybe I did and just don't remember. I turned it off. How about "Use artificial intelligence to detect threats"? I don't remember turning that on either. Is it on by default? Should I leave it on? Another question. Why was this detected in a scheduled custom scan, but not in a scheduled threat scan or a user initiated threat scan? Thanks, Bill
  9. Here is another component of SPFLite which was flagged today. Thanks, Bill Scan Results.txt thinBasic_Trace.zip
  10. Did another scan and nothing was detected. All looks good now. Thanks, Bill
  11. OK... here they are. Bill SPFLite2.zip
  12. @sUBs Thanks for the reply. The program can be downloaded from their website, http://www.spflite.com/Downloads.html. Or would you like me to attach them to a reply? Bill
  13. I have been using SPFLite for over 10 years. I installed the latest version and got a couple of detections. Bill Detection 1.txt Detection 2.txt
  14. Also, until a user flags the version as beta, it will appear as not being a beta in Sumo. Bill
  15. @Porthos Thanks. I guess I never thought this was clickable so didn't know it was a bug. Bill
  16. Since we can not see the video, what bug are you guys talking about? Bill
  17. @jboursier Most of the detections are gone but I am still getting this one which is part of the Weatherbug program I believe. Bill
  18. @exile360 I guess that is why I thought it shouldn't be flagged by adwcleaner. By the way, I see you are listed as staff now. Did you go to work for them? Didn't you work for them once before? They have hired a good support person! Bill
  19. Neither Norton 360 not Malwarebytes Premium flags the program in any way. Virus Total has 0 for engines detecting it. The program displays no ads. Not sure where the problem is. On my machine only adwcleaner seems to have an issue with it. Bill
  20. @kevinf80 Thanks for the reply. I have only installed it on my desktop pc. I have not registered it or supplied any personal information. I did not allow it to use my location. So I'm not too worried about privacy. I really don't think it should be flagged as a PUP by Malwarebytes. I'm still waiting on a reply from staff. Thanks, Bill
  21. @1PW I am running the WeatherBug program on my PC. I installed version on 3/12. It has not been updated since that time. I downloaded it from https://www.weatherbug.com/appdownload/. There was only one version to download that I saw. It never shows any ads. Bill
  22. @1PW Ok... here they are. Bill mbst-grab-results.zip
Back to top
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.