RAM usage - what is going on?

Hi, my system has been infected with a RAM hogging malware which keeps on starting up even after I forcibly terminated its process in task manager. I managed to pinpoint it as MBAMService.exe which when left alone causes my memory usage to spike up to 90% which then goes on to inflate the size of my page file up to 25GB. I am running out of disk space because of it with about 258MB left. Anyone knows what malware is this MBAMService.exe?

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also made an account just for this.

Issues started approx. 30 minutes ago (17:30 CET), already received an update.
So I am on version 3.3.1.2183, component 1.0.262 and on update package version 1.0.3799.

However, the issue persists...memory leak (and malwarebytes is unresponsive) as well as web protection is off.

Edited by scheuri

Created a new account to get added to the list.

My pc randomly crashed.  Rebooted and noticed real-time protection disabled.  Trying to get it activated lead me here.  Had to uninstall after watching it go from a couple of 100mb's to 10gb.

Whatever the update was....it completely screwed the program.

Edited by joker1231978

Signed up to say '#Metoo'

But really some information on my side: I was fine last night, as of 10 hours ago. Turned my PC on and was fine for a hour or so. Was playing a game and my PC hard crashed. Rebooted and it locked up on booting into login screen. Made it into sign-in, had 'web protection is disabled'. Forced the program to close and run in NON-administrator mode, and web protection ran for about 5 minutes then stopped, closed MBAM.exe by taskmanager and here I am.

Just now, kaylaartist said:

MB staff said a fix would be in 10 minutes...15 minutes ago.   I uninstalled as the safest thing, and am depending on bitdefender to protect my pc.  Come on, Malwarebytes!  You are supposed to be the top rated anti malware!

Your in good hands