Malwarebytes

RAM usage - what is going on?

Same here.

Ram usage slowly climbs to 15+GB (97%) and cpu is constantly at 13-20% usage (6700k 4.6ghz) and a short time after the ram is full it locks up and blackscreens, after which it either closes itself or windows (10) closes it.

After that it restarts and the cycle continues.

Manually ending the task just causes it to reopen, so I had to uninstall it to make my pc usable again.

PLZ FIX.

same here i will uninstall till fix i suggest you do the same the service starts back up on its own

Edited by PuREv1L

Can confirm as well, Malwarebytes was using over 10,000MB worth of memory. Had to open the program in it's window, close it, then go into the Task Manager to End Task to keep it from going into a restart loop.

Same problem here.

Started around 5:05pm when, according to its log, MB did an update. Since then, the service is using 25% CPU load constantly (one full CPU core), and the memory usage is slowly going up until all physical memory is used.

I killed the service via task manager and disabled the service in Service Manager for now. Please advise what to do.

To temporarily block the process, You had to

1) Kill it in Task Manager

2) go very quickly into the services and disable it (Run > services. msc)

If we don't block it in the services, it restarts.

MB3.PNG

1 minute ago, Stufish said:

I can't even quit the program in the task bar. It stays open permanently.  Was shocked to open task manager to see it using 15gb of memory.. it seems to be the latest malware definition update that does it, as before I updated definitions the program only used 300mb. 

Can anyone help me close the program? I tried net stop mbamservice.exe and it won't close, I tried right click close mbam and it won't close.

I had to disable and stop the service quite quickly using the Services applet after rebooting otherwise it won't work if you let it go too long.

Literally created an account to say - me too!! 

In the last half hour whilst browsing the web my PC has crashed. Had to manually reboot. Googling the symptoms brought me here, checked Malwarebytes memory usage in task manager and lo and behold, it was climbing sky high! Have quit and disabled, so far so good.

Wonder why it's hit everyone at the same time?!!!

For me works manually close Malwarebytes (right click on the icon on the taskbar and close Malwarebytes).

One of my PCs began freezing up and it has 8 GB RAM. My high-end PC has 16 GB RAM and was spared from the lockups, but its RAM usage was approaching 50%. Uninstalled Malwarebytes from both PCs until further notice. I'll let Kaspersky Total Security handle the malware protection going forward. This is unacceptable.

Edited by banzaigtv

yep used up 15gb and then closed discord and then both my monitors went black and all i could hear was a beeping noise................I'm glad im not the only one. I had a mini heart attack when that stuff happened. Fix your stuff malwarebytes.

Malwarebytes highjacks all of my 16GB RAM. I can't close Malwarebytes, not even in the task manager. It keeps popping up!

Closing Malwarebytes (right click in task bar, close Malwarebytes) remarkably reduces RAM usage temporarly. It falls down to half of my RAM (around 7GB) and immediatly ramps up so I can do some work during 3-5 minutes. Weird.

Switching off protection against exploits and/or malware doesn't help. Web protection is impossible to switch on.

Looking at the speed people call in here it is a major problem. Come on, solve this FAST!

If a real person can't respond to an issue like this by now they need to stop releasing updates outside of normal business hours...  This is totally unacceptable!

3 hard resets later, and reboots with it saying Malwarebytes protections were shut off (multiple settings were off) and I came looking for answers.  And had to go through the rigamarole to get access here so I could say something! I turned MWB off from the little icon in the box off the taskbar where it stays hidden. I couldn't even move my mouse as it sucked the majority of my RAM until it locked up my system.  I was in the middle of something and lost it.  I couldn't save anything.

This is not a glitch.

I am receiving a warning that the Real-Time Protection option is turned off, and the MBAMService.exe process is gradually consuming all available RAM/Memory available at an alarming rate. It has crashed my system once, after consuming over 26GB of memory. 

I also admin a MWB Business/Enterprise installation at my employer, and am now receiving nearly continuous Malwarebyte Alerts and Notifications of blocked website attempts (office is closed).

Just now, Stihios said:

Malwarebytes highjacks all of my 16GB RAM. I can't close Malwarebytes, not even in the task manager. It keeps popping up!

Closing Malwarebytes (right click in task bar, close Malwarebytes) remarkably reduces RAM usage temporarly. It falls down to half of my RAM (around 7GB) and immediatly ramps up so I can do some work during 3-5 minutes. Weird.

Switching off protection against exploits and/or malware doesn't help. Web protection is impossible to switch on.

Looking at the speed people call in here it is a major problem. Come on, solve this FAST!

uninstall or suspend process till fix

We are investigating now. Trying to do a new publish which should be out in 10 mins. if everyone can check if this resolves it.

db update with a potential fix is MBAM3 Version: 1.0.3799

Yes, Quit from tray is the fastest way to stop MB madness!  I had to reboot our PCs before I figured out the cause was MB.

Just this morning I had malwarebytes using up all of my memory until I shut it down via task.  Hey Malwarebytes people please look into this! Most of us paid for your premium!

I like how nobody from Malwarebytes is responding to the post with a "working on a fix" or anything at all. Great company how they don't talk to their customers.

I've ended up soft-locked in full-screen apps two days ago because of this massive amount of memory usage.  I'm going to plainly say this:  It needs to be fixed!!!