• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JoeWhizer said:

Yeah thats at least the second time for me that t his happens too. And if this is not going to get fixes very soon, I don't think I will renew my subscription again. Not gonna happen.

Yeah man ive experienced this 6 times in the space of 12 months and ive got reason not to waste my money on renewing.

I did my research and found out the devs really dont care, some staff might "try" and "help" a user but in the end its always the same thing "reinstall the program pls" and i cbf reinstalling and rebooting a program every week because its trash and was programmed terribly, make a damn patch and fix yo sh!t mb.

I am also affected with no real time web protection.  It just sticks at "Starting ..." when I try to turn it on.  Started today for no reason.  No changes to my computer configuration.  Please fix this.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

I had blue screen crashes starting three months ago, right after the Creators update of Windows. Forum assistance made all sorts of recommendations, most of which I tried and which did not work. I took it into the shop and paid a fair piece of change to diagnose. As their first step, they uninstalled MBytes and never saw a repetition of the problem.  On returning it home, I re-installed MB. Within a day I had a black screen crash (computer becomes unresponsive). On re-starting, Malwarebytes failed to boot properly (several times) and finally locked up. It kept complaining about not being able to verify licensing. I uninstalled and re-installed.

A likely place to start would be for MB to check its licensing function. If the software attempts to verify that it is the licensed rather than the free edition, and the license computer says bollocks,it wouldn't be surprising if that caused an internal conflict causing real-time protection to shut off or maybe worse. 

MB needs to take this problem seriously. It's obviously affecting a lot of users and it's causing problems of the kind that can seriously damage computers.

Same issue here. Web protection won't stay turned on (will turn on after a reboot but then turn off after a couple minutes). Malwarebytes service keeps growing in memory steadily. Hit 10GB & started crashing the system when I realized something was going on. Tried reinstalling the app over itself, no change. Need to stop the service or it just keeps growing, now running with nothing :/

I was in a game of Rimworld, had been playing for 3 hours when suddenly i lag out and crash to a black screen with a window saying im low on memory, i dont see how when i have 300gb of space of storage and i have 16gb of ram installed.

rebooted, not even 40 minutes later, same sh!t, this time i looked at the processes runnin in tsk mngr and BOOM malwarebytes is using 15gb of ram, WHAT A MEMORY LEAK, HOLY SH!T DO YOU NOT TEST YOUR FCUKING SOFTWARE UPDATES BEFORE YOU SEND THEM OUT TO USERS?

THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uninstalled your trash and shan't be renewing, i want a fcuking refund!