Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.4 Released

Hello everyone :)

I'm posting this to let you know that version 2.0.4 of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has now been released. This version fixes an issue discovered with Malware Protection. This is not the release which includes the big UI changes that we've discussed previously and that version is still being worked on by our Developers.

Over the coming days, if you have the product set to download new versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, you'll be notified of the new version's availability so that you can install it. If you choose, you may go ahead and perform the upgrade manually by downloading it directly from our website here. Other websites which host our products will receive their builds for hosting soon.

Hello everyone :)

I'm posting this to let you know that version 2.0.4 of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has now been released. This version fixes an issue discovered with Malware Protection. This is not the release which includes the big UI changes that we've discussed previously and that version is still being worked on by our Developers.

Over the coming days, if you have the product set to download new versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, you'll be notified of the new version's availability so that you can install it. If you choose, you may go ahead and perform the upgrade manually by downloading it directly from our website here. Other websites which host our products will receive their builds for hosting soon.

I have MalwareBytes set to check for program updates when it does a database update but in this version and previous it never detects the update and I have to do it manually. Is there a delay? I'd like MalwareBytes to tell me when a new version is out when its released really.

I have MalwareBytes set to check for program updates when it does a database update but in this version and previous it never detects the update and I have to do it manually. Is there a delay? I'd like MalwareBytes to tell me when a new version is out when its released really.

See my reply to your post HERE

I really hate to be a whiner but it seems, for me anyway, every time you do an update to the program, on my standard account it says "your system is not fully protected." Did it last time and now again, here it is. It works fine on the admin account but I work in the standard account which is what I have been told is the safest. I am now faced with going through the uninstall, reinstall, blah, blah, blah. I will do it of course but just wish the update was "seamless" as some other poster called it. Sorry for the _itch but I am getting so I hate to see that message about a new version appear. Thanks - I will seek out the instructions for what to do with these results. 

Well, the magic Malwarebytes bytes fairy just fixed the situation explained in my previous post. I did nothing to fix since the fix it now button didn't work and I was getting ready to do the uninstall/re-install dance. I closed the program (more than once), did other stuff, and when I reopened it this last time - voila! all in working order. Thank you Malwarebytes fairy - you are a good strong complex program and I'm sorry I whined. 

Will be very good if MBAM always can delete any threats without reloading computer

Unfortunately that's usually not possible. Many threats these days, and even in years past, use some of their components to protect and monitor themselves and their other components. If their processes are terminated or their files, folders or registry entries are removed while they are active they will often regenerate themselves under new names and sometimes even in different locations. This is why our Delete On Reboot (DOR) technology has been and continues to be one of our most effective means of eliminating malware from PCs. We are able to mark a threat's files, folders and loading points for removal on reboot without having to terminate them or remove them in the process. Once the PC restarts, our DOR driver loads very early in the boot process, eliminating the threats and their loading points which prevents them from becoming active again and wiping them completely from the system when their guard is down. This is not unlike using a bootable virus removal tool to remove threats when they are not active. DOR is our way of eliminating threats without giving them the chance to defend themselves, fight back and regenerate.

Is there a relationship between DOR and the following MBAM, Advanced Settings options :

1) Delay Protection at start-up for xx seconds ?

2) Enable self-protection module / Enable self-protection early start ?

3) Start MBAM with Windows ?

No, not at all. Those settings only impact protection which is separate from what scans do to remove malware.
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Malwarebytes Team,

Congratulations on receiving the Best Security Software 2015 – Privacy PC Awards! 

You have won Gold Award in Antimalware / Antispyware nomination for the product: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

malwarebytes-anti-malware-gold.png

We appreciate your endless striving of making the Internet a safer place. You have created an excellent product that should be given more and more recognition.

We wish you unlimited success in the future.

Sincerely,

David Balaban