Malwarebytes Blocks Network Printer

50 minutes ago, TaylorCAD said:

Does anyone know when Malwarebytes is going to patch this?

Beta version 4.2.3.96 component package 1.0.1112

This includes the fix for the remaining users that were still having Printer and Network discovery issues. Please enable Beta and check for program updates.

After the update, I would recommend restarting the computer even if not asked.

2 hours ago, TaylorCAD said:

I'm glad I found this thread.  We were troubleshooting a printer with HP and they said it was a bad formatter board.  The work around was to disable SNMP and it worked fine.  So maybe the problem isn't the formatter board after all.  Does anyone know when Malwarebytes is going to patch this?

if you're a business customer you have to wait and based on the latest post here it looks like the consumer version gets dibs on the fix in beta.

51 minutes ago, Flyers2020 said:

if you're a business customer you have to wait and based on the latest post here it looks like the consumer version gets dibs on the fix in beta.

It's typical to release betas and patches to consumers first for most AV/AM products, at least in my experience, as business customers tend to lean towards stability, wanting extensive testing done prior to patch rollouts, though that's just my personal experience.

Either way, hopefully it won't be long before the business product line receives the fix as well.

16 minutes ago, arbrich said:

Am I missing something ??

I would try the following next.

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install.

Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.

This is not practical with so many different users affected by this. I just reboot the PC and it goes away for a bit.

The  problem is things will work for a short while then the printers go OFFLINE again. There is no consistency to the failure. Clearly MBAM is doing something that needs to be fixed.

What is the down side of having SNMP turned off all the time ??

Not sure why the dev team cannot fix this once and for all with an update. We have been chasing this issue for a month now.

The quality control on updates needs to be better then this.

Thanks for that. And do not take this the wrong way it is from 2002 and I agree turn ALL SNMP OFF if not needed.

However in Todays world:

Don't we lose functionality of knowing if the printer is out of paper, toner, drum issues, etc... and does it affect scanning at all with brother printers and the control center software that helps manage the printer and keep it up to date etc ... ??

1 minute ago, arbrich said:

However in Todays world:

Don't we lose functionality of knowing if the printer is out of paper, toner, drum issues, etc... and does it affect scanning at all with brother printers and the control center software that helps manage the printer and keep it up to date etc ... ??

Can't say. I only deal with single home user systems. Most of them use cheap cruddy inkjet printers sitting right next to them. If they can print and scan they are happy. Most do not print often.

• 3 weeks later...

I Still have problems with this. I though it was solved and patched with latest updates, but no, still my printer is offline or disconnected while web Protection is activated.

Can you have a look at it again? It is annoying to have to deactivate web protection, then windows-search for problems in the printer so it gets online again, then print. ALL this becouse of Malwarebytes bug.

1 hour ago, CarlosCC said:

Can you have a look at it again?

Sure,

Can you please collect and upload as an attachment the diagnostic data using our MBST?

• Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  • Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Sure,

Can you please collect and upload as an attachment the diagnostic data using our MBST?

• Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  • Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

I' prefer to send it by private message, becouse Zip file with logs contains private data. is it possible?

Just now, CarlosCC said:

I' prefer to send it by private message, becouse Zip file with logs contains private data. is it possible?

In this section of the forum only you and authorized members can access the logs.

Lets do this first.

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

In this section of the forum only you and authorized members can access the logs.

Lets do this first.

Just sended you the zip logs in PM. Let me know if you received it.

I won't be able to try that you told me of uninstall & reinstall until perhaps 3-5 days

13 minutes ago, AlexSmith said:

@CarlosCC @Porthos please send me the logs if you can. I have worked very closely with the Web Protection team on this issue and can help get this over to them asap.

His MB is out of date. I figure a clean install would not hurt. He does not have the time to deal with the issue at this time.

• Thanks 1