4.1.2.73 component update 1.0.1003

Firefox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On this desktop, if I select a report for removal it removes the wrong report.  I selected the report dated 10/07/2020 initially and it removed the report for 28/07/2020.  (1-4 in attached.)

I then selected the same report again and it removed 03/08/2020. (5-7).

If I try to Delete All , it only removes one report, in this case 20/07/2020.  (8-10).

I can add to the Allow list and my IrisPlugins folder has been recreated.

Scan_Report_Removal.zip

Checked on my Laptop and it performs as it should. Selected and deleted a report. (1-2) Also Delete All  worked fine. Both machines are on Windows Pro 2004  19041.423.  Noticed though on the Laptop that the IrisPlugins Folder wasn't present after powering up.  Just shortly afterwards , the laptop ran a scan---now it's there!  It only has two files in it though whereas my Desktop has more. Now I know that I deleted the folder on my desktop as prior to doing that I copied it to a "safe location" in case it had to go back. Have compared the contents of before and after and there are differences---files beginning with UIPlugin.EXT that were in the original  are missing from the present. Probably not relevant but just to make you aware.

Laptop_Scan_Report_Removal.zip

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

I have seen 4 computers including my own where you can not delete scan reports.

@LiquidTension

To confirm, these are machines that are also unable to add to the Allow List?
If so, it's the same issue and either deleting the IrisPlugins folder or waiting 24 hours for the next automatic Iris check-in will resolve the issue.

That worked for me as well.... What about the files/folder we created?  I noticed the files did not get re-created, are they not needed? @LiquidTension

The files are related to in-app messaging, so aren't needed. New copies will automatically be downloaded at a later point in time.

I haven't had any issues since deleting "ProgramData%\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\IrisPlugins" and no issues deleting scan reports either.

I recon this is only an issue with some systems from what I'm reading here. Eferything was recreated in the folder "ProgramData%\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\IrisPlugins".

DS.png.28ebfda6a9560a1f8259aeb350e50d0f.png

Edited by Hardhead
add last sentence

15 minutes ago, LiquidTension said:

To confirm, these are machines that are also unable to add to the Allow List?
If so, it's the same issue and either deleting the IrisPlugins folder or waiting 24 hours for the next automatic Iris check-in will resolve the issue.

I had already deleted that IrisPlugins folder, after the files got recreated I still can't delete one or all reports.

Local time here:- 22:36.     Powered up about half an hour ago and now am able to delete reports as normal on the Desktop. Delete all also works. Checked the IrisPlugins folder and notice that the UIPlugin.EXT files were installed at 22:14!  Will check again tomorrow.

IrisPlugins.png

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

That is how repair is supposed to work.

I fixed it by just deleting one scan and then I was to bulk delete the rest.

@Porthos and @Hardhead, I was unable to delete any scans before running a repair on 2 PCs running MBAM Free and my production PC running MBAM Premium. Maybe because none of them had ever had a new install done since Version 2 of MBAM - they run Windows 7 Home Premium 64x with M/S Essentials as a antivirus. I did send a file by PM to @LiquidTension after I gathered the log. All a mystery to me 😀

Of three Windows 7 computers (two 64bit Home and the other 32 bit Home), I am unable to remove scan reports since Saturday. The other computer (Win 7 Pro 32 bit) doesn't get turned on very often so I haven't checked that one yet. At least the issue of the inability to open Malwarebytes was fixed with an update on Saturday or Sunday.

I can't run the system tools because .NET 4 is not installed on three of four Windows 7 computers. At this time, I'm unwilling to install it and all the updates to otherwise functioning Windows 7 computers.

1. How do I disable self-protection so I can remove the IrisPlugin folder?

2. Would it be better to wait until the beta version comes off of beta and install that, in the meantime letting the scan reports pile up rather than disabling self-protection?

1 hour ago, plodr said:

Of three Windows 7 computers (two 64bit Home and the other 32 bit Home), I am unable to remove scan reports since Saturday. The other computer (Win 7 Pro 32 bit) doesn't get turned on very often so I haven't checked that one yet. At least the issue of the inability to open Malwarebytes was fixed with an update on Saturday or Sunday.

I can't run the system tools because .NET 4 is not installed on three of four Windows 7 computers. At this time, I'm unwilling to install it and all the updates to otherwise functioning Windows 7 computers.

1. How do I disable self-protection so I can remove the IrisPlugin folder?

2. Would it be better to wait until the beta version comes off of beta and install that, in the meantime letting the scan reports pile up rather than disabling self-protection?

That solution dose not work on my machines. So I guess it is best to wait for a response from staff

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected quoting

3 hours ago, plodr said:

As of right now there is no beta. Component package 1003 is current release.