Lifetime license blacklisted

Same thing.

This is a security product with a major flaw. If keys go south, it immediately disables itself leaving your computer vulnerable. This is extremely frustrating. I put in a ticket but it's been over a day, not good.

If they're going to stick with doing this kind of licensing they have to get some faster method of fixing the issue other than support tickets. God help us if we were using this product commercially.

22 minutes ago, rickla said:

I put in a ticket but it's been over a day

I can take 3-5 days not including weekends and holidays.

23 minutes ago, rickla said:

If they're going to stick with doing this kind of licensing they have to get some faster method of fixing the issue other than support tickets.

That is what the my malwarebytes portal is for in most cases. Self administration of licenses.

Support replied requiring proof of purchase (ha, years ago, all I have is an old email).

I got this so far

"I understand your concern with your license. Your license has been blacklisted as it was suspected that it may have compromised. This was done on a large scale to many licenses so no notification was given."

This makes not sense to me, a heads up could have avoided this wide gap in security. They are not taking security seriously enough.

Ok, since it was bought from ebay the will not restore it, gee thanks. I got a 1 year key replacement.

Back then how would we know a dealer was not authorized, and why does it matter? If the key works I imagine it was legitimate (server checked), and I only use it, otherwise it would have shown as being used by others. Back then (and now) I never saw a list of authorized sellers. 

And again, since malwarebytes generates and tracks the keys, and mine has been working for years on _one_ computer, why now? 

Did a bunch of keys leak out and this is the cleanup? Again this is handled very poorly, a security company disabling protection without warning.

My other key is probably doomed as well. Maybe even my other subscription keys.

Please change to a pure account login/registration system and screw these keys if this ***** is going to happen.

Ebay was never ever a legitimate way to purchase a Premium license.  While the abuse may have been possible in the past  (the use of dodgy licenses) that is no longer the case.

The 1 year free Premium license is a generous response.   Especially since Malwarebytes got zero revenue in the first place.

Sorry to read that you bought at Ebay.    As I said, that venue was never a supported way to buy a genuine license.

Back then how would I know. If keys are created by the manufacturer, and it works, it has to be a legit key. This isn't the 80's where keys were algorithms, they're checked against an issued database I would think.

I would love to hear the details of how keys were stolen yet registered by users online, I am genuinely curious.

And aside from this, it's not the $, I pay for several other licenses annually as well. It is the bad handling of security that is something I would like corrected. Such as a commitment to not revoke keys before their expiration date without notice. It's a glaring hole.

1 minute ago, rickla said:

This isn't the 80's where keys were algorithms

In the past they kinda were. There were many key generators out there spitting out working keys. The new licensing system will deactivate non legit keys now. Also some legit keys were over sold to several users. Those are also blocked now.

It's not just Ebay where these "too good to be true" software deals are found. Similar "deals" turn up via unscrupulous market place sellers on Amazon. I'm sure Amazon make some effort to police this but heavily discounted third party offers for software are always suspect.

2 hours ago, TempLost said:

It's not just Ebay where these "too good to be true" software deals are found. Similar "deals" turn up via unscrupulous market place sellers on Amazon. I'm sure Amazon make some effort to police this but heavily discounted third party offers for software are always suspect.

Yes, unfortunately that's very true.  On Amazon you'll also frequently come across scalpers who will buy up stock of a limited and popular item where the demand outweighs the supply and they will jack the prices up to astronomical proportions.  There are also a lot of counterfeit goods on there including fake electronics, fake clothing and pretty much anything else you can think of.  It makes it very difficult to shop with confidence with all of these scams going on.  I still shop on Amazon regularly, however I generally only buy from Amazon directly (or at least when Amazon are the ones fulfilling the order, meaning it's coming from their warehouses) or when the seller has been around for at least a number of years and has a large number of ratings which are consistently high.

Because there is already a topic about the same problem i go ahead...

Now it happened to me to that one of my lifetime license is blacklisted for no reason... It was always used on 1 device. In my malwarebytes account they are visible, cleared and it say 1 of 1 device available. They are all registered, but one of them is not usable.

But when i try to use the key on the computer, i got the message; key is blacklisted...

I have submitted a ticket, lets see what happen.

yes, suddenly it was in free mode, meaning kids and wife are unprotected without knowing it...

I did go look in my account where they keys are registered and reset them all, and try to use it again, but no luck... It all show ok in my account, but when i type they key in the program i get; Key is blacklisted. So even it is registered in my account for years, i can not use the lifetime license! What happened over there?

I hope non of my customers come complain about this.

And yes i ignore prove of purchase for this, as they WHERE registered and working!  Proof for working and registered lifetime keys again? Not with me!

If they not fix this for me, i go ahead and take my customers somewhere else!

Even i can not show proof anymore, my father bought them long time ago for me. My father is now 75 years old and he could not remember any details at moment.

I did take a look in his old computer, but no luck... Let's see what malwarebytes will do with this.

44 minutes ago, SPDIF said:

I hope non of my customers come complain about this.

Where did you purchase these keys for the customers? If not from MB directly there is always a possibility of issues. There were many vendors that "oversold" keys since in the past the same key would activate at least 3 times some times more with the old licensing or lack there of a real licensing system.

Again none of this users should care about, malwarebytes has a problem if they just arbitrarily open up a computer's protection. We were looking at this for corporate use, no way now. Our corp software would stay enabled and notify us of issues in the applications or consoles, never just disable protection.

And since this can be done by malwarebytes it seems like an exploitation vector, any malware able to poke at the keys could disable protection.

To make all clear i never did buy from ebay for sure! As far as i can see they all have a cleverbridge proof.

The ones i got from my dad.... Who knows? But they are registered and there is a button activate, but got message keys is blacklisted. It also say 1 device available, this is a lifetime subscription.

16 minutes ago, SPDIF said:

As far as i can see they all have a cleverbridge proof.

Then nothing to be worried about if purchased from the MB website and not another 3rd party that uses Cleverbridge as well. I have been burned by a 3rd party that bills with cleverbridge before.