• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jrhaile said:

Hey Malwarebytes, I hope you're prepared for a MASSIVE LAWSUIT.  You just crashed an entire data center that was using your product.  Screw you Malwarebytes, seriously SCREW YOU!  

You may read the EULA and disclaimers :)

Logged in just to say same issue to. Went to bed at 4am. Got up just now and my PC was moving at like 1 frame every few seconds. Had to hold down the power button to force it to restart. Figured maybe I have a virus or something. Then I noticed in my Windows Logs it said MBAM was having an issue. Came on here and theres a billion posts about this RAM issue and the Protection not starting. I quiy my MBAM but my RAM is still maxed at 15.6GB. WTH did MBAM do to my PC?!?

Same here, I thought it was a hardware issue at first until I found this thread. MWB was running wild processes all over the place prompting me that real time protection was turned off (apparently it did so by itself).

Only solution for me was to forcibly uninstall MWB through Revo Uninstaller, as I couldn't even uninstall it directly.

A shame that a program meant to protect you starts running wild with your PC. I'm a premium user, so hopefully they get this fixed soon. Always been happy with Malwarebytes, but this is a big fail here.

The issue must haver started after 14:00 GMT+1, as I had no trouble up until that point. Only logged back on in the evening and the problem started immediately.

Same problems here. Uninstalled using mb-clean-3.1.0.1031.exe, re-installed mb3-setup-consumer-3.3.1.2183-1.0.262-1.0.3791.exe, immediately turned off 'automatically download and installing application component updates' and re-installed the license while ignoring the license server error (license gets installed anyway). It's still running without the RAM hogging, and real-time web protection stays on. Software version is now 3.3.1.2183, Component package version: 1.0.262, Update package version 1.0.3791.
It seems the fault is in Malwarebytes' last update.

1 minute ago, WY_tang said:

Not in this thread, but they are aware of the issue in another thread:

New here because of everyone getting the same problem.

But they seem to think it's a "web traffic" issue, whatever that is.   It's not.  It a memory leak.   So no, they don't seem to realise what their problem is.

Just now, AzKat said:

There is nothing in common, I was playing a random old game (hl2 ep2) and had this issue.

Afterwards I remembered I left my laptop back at home to defrag, and when I went to connect via teamviewer, I couldn't connect, called my parents and apparently the screen wasn't even turning on anymore. Apparently this issue managed to fry my display.

... You dont seem to understand what I meant by something in common. You're claiming that neither Malwarebytes, Google Chrome, or windows had an update that went live?When you left your laptop at home, you're saying that your laptop did not encounter pending updates from any apps or for the OS? You can't possibly know that. I happen to know that only a few days ago Malwarebytes updated. There is a memory leak from that app somehow, and it has been caused today within the last 24 hours by all of us here. Obviously SOMETHING has been changed, and the likely cause is an update, either one that came recently, or one that has just gone live. Updates contain file patches and new code that often alter, add to, or remove processes, or sub-processes from apps, which in this case could have caused the app to malfunction, e.i. the memory leak.