RAM usage - what is going on?

My computer crashed due to this issue. Appears windows ran out of memory and thus blue screened. It was attempting to do it again whatever it is but I quit the application to free up the memory usage. I have 24 GB of ram so when a a single service hogs it all not good. Also appears that the Web Protection service is not starting, maybe this is where the issue lays that the product keeps attempting to start and fails and is stuck in some memory loop/error condition. 

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had the same problem since this morning.  First I tried killing the process in Task manager, but it would restart and over the next several minutes it would chew up all 10GB of RAM.  I finally just uninstalled it which was a little tricky and I had to be quick:  Kill the MBAMService process, open Control Panel, select Programs, select Malwarebytes, click uninstall - all before MBAMService could chew up all memory!  I'm using the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium version, so as a paying customer, I trust this issue WILL be resolved quickly

Having the same issue - had to uninstall MB; however, my event logs showed the following error: 

Event ID 2004 Resource Exhaustion Detector (Windows 10)  

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: MBAMService.exe (5644) consumed 42772570112 bytes, googledrivesync.exe (14212) consumed 320057344 bytes, and n360.exe (5800) consumed 145133568 bytes.

I had HW monitor opened, along with task manager and the only program that kept consuming my memory was Malwarbytes WTF

Noticed this was happening, was just coming out of a game, and started to do some work ( art stuff ) and tada... stuff super slow. Mbam using 95% ram would use more but my setup has 5% safety cache, no crashes for me... but damn , whoever you have hired needs to be censoreding fired, that's pretty barbaric to a less compu-wise person. Halted and terminated MB till fixed,  Thanks MB for touching my Spaghet for the day.

Just a mem leak guys chillax i'm sure they will fix it, and kick the cunt in the stones for not testing this first.

Edited by CallistoSunbro

Not only am I disappointed that malwarebytes doesn't have a rollback strategy (I work for a major corporation and we aren't able to even touch production servers without having that in place), I'm also disappointed that there isn't a top-level pinned notice describing the issue and how to work around it.

This is not rocket science, it's rather basic customer support. It's no harder than figuring out how to get paid by customers. Companies who care do things like this.

3 minutes ago, CallistoSunbro said:

Noticed this was happening, was just coming out of a game, and started to do some work ( art stuff ) and tada... stuff super slow. Mbam using 95% ram would use more but my setup has 5% safety cache, no crashes for me... but damn , whoever you have hired needs to be censoreding fired, that's pretty barbaric to a less compu-wise person. Halted and terminated MB till fixed,  Thanks MB for touching my Spaghet for the day.

Just a mem leak guys chillax i'm sure they will fix it, and kick the cunt in the stones for not testing this first.

No need to kick him.   Just shoot him and post the video on YouTube for confirmation.