Protection keeps turning off... V3.1.2

17 minutes ago, djzeratul said:

Here's a link to last week's defs file if anyone needs it... this should get you at least more current than the last version release.

https://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/v1/tools/mbam-rules/data/mbam-rules-2017.05.11.zip

Spot on and thank you, mine is working fine and disabled updates for the moment until a fix is found

Edited by cms239

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Enderstar said:

pretty sure this isn't right lol.. as i said i have hidden files on and have searched for the service folder an nothing... 

mb2.jpg

mb1.jpg

mb3.png

Thanks for that... it looks like they changed everything around from 2.x to 3.x :)

Sorry to have you go on a wild goose chase.

2 minutes ago, Wildcard said:

I reinstalled the latest version with automatic updates turned off.  I was able to scan and turn on all protections.  So far, so good.

Capture.JPG.09ab4a10bd6690876625922d1a3bc253.JPG

Version Info:

Malwarebytes version: 3.1.2.1733

Component package version: 1.0.122

Update package version: 1.0.1906

exact same results here too

13 minutes ago, GameOverMan said:

THIS is the best temporary fix. Re-installing on top of existing version, then disabling auto-update. Thank you!!!

Just tried to download the file again from the page and the download failed!! Too weird!!

3 minutes ago, John A said:

Interestingly, my 32 bit Windows 10 system with MB 3.1.2.1733, 1.0.122 1.0.1973 is operating normally, all protection layers on, scans work fine

You chaps are 15 hours ahead of us here in the US.  You probably have the fixed version already.

Just now, Wildcard said:

You chaps are 15 hours ahead of us here in the US.  You probably have the fixed version already.

No, my 64 bit systems are all still bad.  I only just tried the 32 bit and in any case there is no new update

1 minute ago, John A said:

No, my 64 bit systems are all still bad.  I only just tried the 32 bit and in any case there is no new update

I was just joking, dude.  Pretty sure when an update drops, we all get it at the same time regardless of what our clocks say.

Same issues as everybody.

Of all my apps for security and performance it was Iobit Driver Booster that provided me with a pop-up explaining the threat of a "Massive Ransomware Breakout".

It offered to automatically correct configurations or led me to a web page (the option I chose) to show how to configure incoming port rules to block port 445, as well as updates that might be needed.

I mention this not because Im a big fan of Iobit, Im really not, but it did surprise me that the one app that warned me and offered me help was friggin Iobit Driver Booster!

http://www.iobit.com/en/tips-how-to-prevent-wannacrypt-attacking-80.php?p=db

Can now Scan. Cant activate premium version.

I followed advice elsewhere in this thread to delete malwarebytes using https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

This worked in that I now have a free version running. I was able to do a full scan and it came up clean

Im now running avira to double check.

BUT I cant activate my license. I had one with an ID and a key. The ID is accepted. The key is not. I have checked it painfully - and am typing it in correctly

Sitting here twiddling thumbs.