Protection keeps turning off... V3.1.2

4 minutes ago, Gatorau said:

That's why I am milling around aimlessly while throwing my hands occasionally in the air and yelling - why me??? to the heavens like the heavens are actually listening. 

just because the heavens are listening ,doesnt mean they will do anything bout it

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Memories4Life said:

Im now thinking this problem is server side because my licence keys keep reverting but to the free version.

Not sure whats up with your license keys but we've figured out it is because the mbdb files have zero data in them, hence no definitions to scan with.

6 minutes ago, MVTA said:

Let everyone send a message to Malwarebytes support!
This is probably a good way to make it happen quickly!
I'm done!

Yeah - when I was trouble shooting problems it always helped to have everyone in the company come watch you work...Their suggestions were oh so helpful.

From the devs:

Greetings,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are aware of the issue with our updates malfunctioning and causing protection and scans not to function properly.

It is currently being investigated by our teams and we hope to have it corrected as soon as possible.

We apologize for this issue and will provide more details when they become available.

Thank you for your patience.

Just now, hwolfie said:

Download the latest from MB from this link: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbam and install on top of existing MB installation. That fixed the problem.

I already have that version installed.... installing/reinstalling this version only fixes the issue for the few minutes it takes to download the update, then you back to square one.

2 minutes ago, Enderstar said:

If you roll back to say 2.2.1. scans work perfectly with updated definitions. 

Enderstar I'm curious, can you post a screencap of your C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService folder in detail view with filesize shown? thx.

I tried out Maywarebytes and BitDefender: weighed them both up. BitDefender made too many intrusive and complicated changes to the computer as well as upset the running of the computer to the point that I had to restore an image, and I liked Maywarebytes because of its clean and straight forward interface and limited changes to the computer. Please MB fix this and prove I did not make the wrong decision.

Thanks

Just now, Rayzor66 said:

I am having same problem, I believe this may be part of the web hacks that have been going on. Their software has been compromised, seems to be affected through user control settings.

that would be  new route (I think) for attacking security software...... attacking the definitions delivery system..... with out those, the software is about as useful as a solar powered flashlight