• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, djzeratul said:

Not sure whats up with your license keys but we've figured out it is because the mbdb files have zero data in them, hence no definitions to scan with.

I re-installed on my systems, L'Keys were ok and when MB updates it reverts back to free version.  Not sure why myself

Edited by Memories4Life

1 minute ago, hwolfie said:

Download the latest from MB from this link: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbam and install on top of existing MB installation. That fixed the problem.

This fixed the issue for me too, until it auto-updated. Component package ver 1.0.122 seems to work fine, scans and web protection work and malware protection isn't randomly being turned off either (just started encountering that issue).
Recommend fresh install of 3.1.2 without updating to package ver 1.0.1909 - has worked so far

Same here. For me, both Malware Protection and Web Protection are getting turned off. Scans don't work either.

I've been having issues with Web Protection switching off occasionally ever since MWB3 arrived, but a restart usually resolves it. Not today, though!

I've tried the whole MBclean thing too... made no difference. I've actually shut it down for now, as the pop-up is p*ssing me off.

MWB0_zpscnotnlhu.jpg

MWB1_zpsiit2tkjq.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gamera said:

You guys are missing a point, Why are the other protections still enabled, when all the DB files are blank?

The other protections are heuristics based, so they don't use definitions files to run... Such as the Ransomware protection, that just checks to see if things are being encrypted by rogue processes...

1 minute ago, Paranoimia said:

Same here. For me, both Malware Protection and Web Protection are getting turned off. Scans don't work either.

I've been having issues with Web Protection switching off occasionally ever since MWB3 arrived, but a restart usually resolves it. Not today, though!

I've tried the whole MBclean thing too... made no difference. I've actually shut it down for now, as the pop-up is p*ssing me off.

MWB0_zpscnotnlhu.jpg

MWB1_zpsiit2tkjq.jpg

The about Malwarebytes is making me giggle HARD! Imagine a world without malware. We do............. LMFAO.

Hi.

This has just happened to me too.  I've done everything that's possible.  I've used MB CLEAN and reinstalled the latest version 3.1.2.1733.

Component Package 1.0.122

Update Package 1.0.1974.

It's not right. This is certainly turning into a bad joke.  Since I've started writing this over 10 new posts have been written.

With all this going on I think MBAM has certainly dropped the ball.  And I reckon will lose lots of customers over this.  Can we trust them and this hopeless Program ever again ?

Just now, cybot said:

I just tried deleting the 0 byte files, and they are not getting redownloaded when I click update..... problem definitely lies with the update server

Still hoping that Enderstar saw my request and can check what the sizes are for 2.x

Just now, ZuZ said:

Hi.

This has just happened to me too.  I've done everything that's possible.  I've used MB CLEAN and reinstalled the latest version 3.1.2.1733.

Component Package 1.0.122

Update Package 1.0.1974.

It's not right. This is certainly turning into a bad joke.  Since I've started writing this over 10 new posts have been written.

With all this going on I think MBAM has certainly dropped the ball.  And I reckon will lose lots of customers over this.  Can we trust them and this hopeless Program ever again ?

Agreed... They will loose over this.  Twitter is coming alive over this.

2 hours ago, migs said:

Someone will be along shortly to tell you that it isn't a widespread problem, and that it must be an issue on your PC, despite tons of threads in these forums which demonstrate otherwise.

They'll demand you post logs and then tell you to uninstall MWB and reinstall it.

Bottom line is that they broke it with the release of V3, and are clearly unable to fix it.

They have posted that they are aware of the problem - it seems to be related to the database.

I have been using V3 for several months without any problem.

The bottom line is that there is a problem and they are aware of it and working to fix it.

Just now, PeacheaterUK said:

They have posted that they are aware of the problem - it seems to be related to the database.

I have been using V3 for several months without any problem.

The bottom line is that there is a problem and they are aware of it and working to fix it.

In the mean time happy infection day.

I'm sure they have to be aware of this by now but I just wanted to add myself to this list.  Web Protection is stuck at "Starting..." and this just happened a few hours ago.  I had version 3.06 when it started happening (and it was great for the 14 day trial period that just ended recently and so I am getting this days after purchasing the Premium version).  After the problem started I updated to 3.1.2 but the problem still persists with that version too. 

heres the best workaround I can find using the latest version of MBAM....

got to settings and turn off 'automatically download and install application component updates'

next reinstall mbam. 

the latest version of mbam was release not that long ago, so it's default definitions should be ok until update server is fixed