Protection keeps turning off... V3.1.2

4 minutes ago, Kuriandungu said:

Thanks guys for fixing the Real time protection issue. -I can now uninstall spybot.

However, the Exploit protection still doesnt remain on. It worked for a while along with the Web protection but now its gone off again. - I'll keep checking to see when it gets fixed.

Hi and welcome.

Please start your own topic so we can help you one on one.  And in your new topic provide the logs from below.

• Any screenshot(s) of error messages(s) or other incorrect behavior
  • Create and obtain an mb-check log
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area
  • Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Attach both of these logs to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the files to the attachment area

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Gardenerguy said:

Are we supposed to be at our machines 24/7 trying to keep up with the "fixes". 

This "current" issue would have fixed itself when the corrected database update was released if you have updates set at default 1-hour setting. 

2 hours ago, ParrotSlave said:

It was longer ago than I remembered offhand. And, yes, I do have other protection: full versions of SUPERAntiSpyware, NIS and Zemana Anti-Logger. The only hassle is having to configure Norton to ignore the SAS and MBAM folders so that they don't conflict. You couldn't do that long ago, but Windows has improved in some ways. Also, every few weeks, I run a scan with the Sophos free tool, and, being ultra-paranoid, I do also occasionally take advantage of Trend Micro's free online system scan.

MBAM exploit pwnd site cropped.png

Ah I see.  This is the forum that was hacked, not the tool itself.  It would have been way worse had it been the tool.  I have had this program for over a decade and It wasn't on my list when I checked.  So I'm guessing that I was lucky and wasn't one of the emails/accounts that they got.  Or maybe I didn't have a forum account back then.  No credit cards and banking info was stolen thankfully.  Not info stolen is good but waking up to a maxed out credit card would give me a heart attack.  Sadly, if a hacker is really determined, they will get what they want.  We can only make it harder for them.  I remember when Sony Online Entertainment was hacked.  It was weeks of downtime and having to cancel my credit card and...  that one really sucked.  No charges were put on it thankfully but I didn't want to risk it since they had stolen so much data.

Norton is very expensive, takes a lot of resources and it's not at the top of the game anymore.  If you get it for free through work, etc....keep it.  If not, check into Bitdefender or Kaspersky.  They were rated the top 2 antivirus of the year by most websites.  Trend Micro has a great online tool.  

Do you change your passwords often?  You may want to look into Dashlane.  It's a great keyring.

• Administrators

Hi everyone.

If you're experiencing today's issue of Web Protection being off and/or Malwarebytes 3.1.2.1733 not being able to perform a scan, we have pushed Update Package 1.0.1976 to resolve this. In some cases, an additional step of either rebooting the machine or just Malwarebytes is needed.

If you're experiencing a different issue, please check out the Malwarebytes 3 section (here) and/or post a new thread with your issue (here).

Edit: more information on the issue (here).

Edited by msherwood

• bdubrow locked and pinned this topic
  • bdubrow unpinned this topic