• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Patham said:

Hello Flo38. Upgrade option has been disabled by user. :)

Hey Patham.  I just realized that MWB does NOT do phone support so whoever you called was a scam.  Glad you hung up.  For now, look a few posts above yours.  DUUUDE has posted a temporary solution until this is fixed.  It should give you a working version from May.

THIS IS NOT MY WORK CREDIT TO DUUUDE

OLLOWS:

dl latest MBAM https://de.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

optionally these definitions (mbam-rules.exe from the archive is for mbam3 / mbam2-rules.exe is for mbam2) from one day later than the latest MBAM download: https://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/v1/tools/mbam-rules/data/mbam-r 

cut internet

install

go to: Settings > And turn off automatic updates in the leftwise settings tab

reconnect to internet and check official post linked above.

You will have a working MBAM 3.0 from May 10th/11th 2017. When they have fixed it you can just turn auto updates on again

3 minutes ago, djzeratul said:

Check my post earlier, someone at MBAM confirmed to BernardL that anti-expoit and anti-ransomware still works.

Don't get me wrong - I hope it does work 100% : But whilst there are problems elsewhere - I am just thankful for my layered approach: the 'ghost in the machine ' can be a tricky so and so... :-)

So if I'm following this correctly, the problem is basically affecting every single user who is running a version of MBAM 3.x which has updated recently, and is caused by zero-byte definition files being pushed out due to (presumably) some kind of schoolboy error.

Is this not something which could be resolved relatively simply, by getting the right definitions on the server and simply telling everyone to hit 'Check for updates'?

Same issues as others described but on multiple PC's. Two machines running update package version 1.0.1974 are affected. One machine running update package 1.0.1969 is working normally. All machines running version 3.0.6.1469, Component package 1.0.103. This started today, yesterday all was fine and finally convinced family members to load new version on their machines. Was going to upgrade an older laptop but for now that is on hold. I would expect this to be cleared up sometime today as it appears to be the latest update is causing global grief!

1 minute ago, Pappy57 said:

Same issues as others described but on multiple PC's. Two machines running update package version 1.0.1974 are affected. One machine running update package 1.0.1969 is working normally. All machines running version 3.0.6.1469, Component package 1.0.103. This started today, yesterday all was fine and finally convinced family members to load new version on their machines. Was going to upgrade an older laptop but for now that is on hold. I would expect this to be cleared up sometime today as it appears to be the latest update is causing global grief!

Ummm...it's already fixed.