Protection keeps turning off... V3.1.2

Came here to report the same freaking problem.

Guess I didn't need to create those logs after all.

And I guess I'll be staying off the internet today - in my case, it's the exploit protection that keeps turning off.  Web and Malware protection appear to be fine.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am having this problem too, ive tried the steps in previous threads from months ago where it seemed to be a problem with some users. now it sounds like thousands of people are having this same problem today...needless to say i have uninstalled, reinstalled. i thought it may have been a widnows 7 compatibility problem but it seems this is troubling people across all microsoft products.

1 hour ago, mrmike570 said:

Patience is the key here folks..Not easy to decipher problems and code the update  instantly. Ive been with Malwarebytes for years and have several lifetime license's..I believe in the product. As with any product, they evolve. Things happen, so a layered protection scheme is the best.

Mike, like you I have been using MWB since it was just a shareware product and had much respect for the product for many many years. However, this problem has existed since version 3.0 was released in Dec 2016 (6 months). I suggested to the staff that they recall the version until they get it right, but was basically tagged as a trouble maker and this was a isolated issue, only a couple users had problems. Hmmm only a couple users? Look at the posts and think about the fact that only 1 in who knows how many posts in the forums. I think we are beyond patience don't you?

6 minutes ago, Furback said:

Copying databases from working copy and turning off updates will restore function for now.

Can confirm this, also seems to be working here.  Unfortunately it's a bit impractical to have to do this for an entire organization.  I would hope a better solution is coming soon.

Reading up to page 6, and no official response or acknowledgment by STAFF has crushed my trust in this company. Being more politically concerned, rather than integrity driven, means, they have sold out. MB  Staff.. Rule #1: a company that profits from TRUST, but goes unresponsive at a critical time, can quickly find itself in the dustbin of history. 

stuff happens, but to not be on top of it, is completely unacceptable.

Edited by XBarbarian

I too have the same problem with V3.06 Premium account on 2 PC's (both Premium paid for application purchases) - One running Windows 10 and also the exact same problem on another PC running Windows 7 Ultimate. What the hell are MalwareBytes doing and what the hell did they change since yesterday???

1 minute ago, JohnGibel said:

Mike, like you I have been using MWB since it was just a shareware product and had much respect for the product for many many years. However, this problem has existed since version 3.0 was released in Dec 2016 (6 months). I suggested to the staff that they recall the version until they get it right, but was basically tagged as a trouble maker and this was a isolated issue, only a couple users had problems. Hmmm only a couple users? Look at the posts and think about the fact that only 1 in who knows how many posts in the forums. I think we are beyond patience don't you?

This is 100% a different issue than you were experiencing before, we've already isolated the issue and know what the problem is, and yes it affects EVERYONE using 3.x and they know this, and are working on it.

Just now, djzeratul said:

The ProgramData folder is hidden in windows, you'd likely have to paste that string into the location bar of explorer to get there

i have tried. i also have hidden folders shown.. i'll have a mooch around an see if im just being dull.. lol

Here are the files and logs you requested.  I am having the same problem as the rest of these folks.  Hope there is a fix soon.  Until then I merely closed the pop-up window.  Don't know what else to do until this is fixed.  I thought that was better than uninstalling.  I'm a Premium user.

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

logs.zip

mb-check-results.zip

Edited by Mike1971

20 minutes ago, allmust said:

Temp fix.  Uninstall, restart, download from the site, install but turn off auto updates for now.  You have the version just before the latest update that broke everything.

THIS is the best temporary fix. Re-installing on top of existing version, then disabling auto-update. Thank you!!!

Edited by GameOverMan
mis-spelling

• bdubrow locked and pinned this topic
  • bdubrow unpinned this topic