A confession!

steve jones

For many years I have stuck with XP and cursed Vista - I even bought a new laptop and immediately converted from Vista to XP (not without a lot of driver hassle!). My father-in-law's new laptop came with Windows 7, and I swore I would hate it. After a couple of hours od messing about, deleting bloatware and installing AVG, I have to admit I was finding my way around easily, and it actually felt quite a positive experience! Am I finally going to convert to a new OS I wonder??

Hi -

I also am a dedicated XP fan who never even considered a Vista (after using a borrowed one) - Now I have a new Windows 7 (as well as keeping my XP) and find

the new one is "not so bad" , once you play with it a bit -

I accidentally deleted a few minor items on the Win 7 by playing with it (just add ons) and now I think it (and I) are going OK -

A lot faster than the XP (but the XP is old) , but more RAM and better built in Graphics make it easier to play with -

As above by AdvancedSetup , XP just worked , Win 7 needs playing with to make it work -

I am a Linux lover. I have been using Fedora Linux for about 8 years now, and traditionally I am a Microsoft hater. Windows 7, however, is a different story. It was the first Microsoft operating system that I actually liked. I haven't really used Linux since I installed Windows 7...

I am a Linux lover. I have been using Fedora Linux for about 8 years now, and traditionally I am a Microsoft hater. Windows 7, however, is a different story. It was the first Microsoft operating system that I actually liked. I haven't really used Linux since I installed Windows 7...

Same here. Didn't think I'd love Ubuntu after my first shot at it. Thought it was a nightmare. :) But I do now! I could care less about Windows, but if I did switch for good I'd miss all the malware opportunities. :)

heh i was the same i swore i would stick with XP i avoided windows 7 for ages and then i had problems with my pc causing me to wipe the hard drive, as i never had a XP disc no more someone bought me windows 7 as a present i was dreading it but after installing and messing around for a few hours i was surprised of how fast it was, just messing around with the system settings kept me busy for a few days. If i ever tried xp again i would miss windows 7 for sure, its now my fav OS along side xp pro.

Thumbs up for Vista Business! You guys have absolutely no idea just what you're missing. :)

It works dead smoothly after..ahem..nearly 2 years of tweaking this an' tweaking that.. :) ..an' fiddling with this an' twiddling with that :)

Have a couple of copies of XP Pro and one of Windows 7 Pro as spare in case Vista somersaults on me. :)

No BSODs or other XP "freebies" to mess it up :)

Thumbs up for Vista Business! You guys have absolutely no idea just what you're missing. :lol:

It works dead smoothly after..ahem..nearly 2 years of tweaking this an' tweaking that.. :) ..an' fiddling with this an' twiddling with that :)

Have a couple of copies of XP Pro and one of Windows 7 Pro as spare in case Vista somersaults on me. :D

No BSODs or other XP "freebies" to mess it up :)

I love Vista! Personally my favorite of the windows os's. Really would like Vista Ultimate. :) But since 7 is out they probably don't manufacture it.:)

Thanks for all the replies guys! I think it's interesting that no one OS seems to stick out as definitely the one to go for. It just makes the decision to update that much more difficult! As an aside, I was talking to a Mac user this morning who could not understand how anyone suffers ANY Microsoft OS !!

Windows 7 is a great OS. I fell in love with it right away when I was beta testing it. Still has a few issues though.

I'm currently a nerd stuck between two OS. I use W7 for work, Ubuntu for everything else. Windows 7 is a great work horse, reliable, accessible, and its just un. :)