Just letting you know I updated to C U  1.0.979

I am quite pleased to see these mentioned in your heads-up announcement:

• Better notifications for RTP blocks
  • Enhanced FP prevention
  • Enhanced detection and remediation
  • Fixed: Several Web protection BSODs and incompatibilities

Thank you Erix and team.

Day 1  after the install / upgrade to 1.0.979

Running ok on Windows 10  build 2004   ( 19041.329).   All real-time protections on.

Edge, Chrome, Firefox usage normal.   I do not do any heavy torrent or any torrent stuff.  I do not do heavy downloads of stuff like Youtube.

Any youtube usage is one at a time, online viewing.

Unsure about what would have triggered a BSOD   Stop  /  WHEA Uncorrectable error

PC was left alone & essentially idle /  not in use at that moment /  and had been so for several many minutes.

Nothing extra-ordinary being run.   Just Chrome & Firefox open with only a few pages / tabs.

It may be a occasional one off.

MS has this to say on their support site:

If you receive a blue screen error (also known as a stop code), it means that your PC has shut down suddenly to protect itself from data loss. If you see the text “WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR,” it means that a hardware error has occurred. To fix it, try the following:

• Get all the latest updates with Windows Update. Go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and then select Check for updates.

PS.  It is a one-off.  Blame it on electronic gremlin.

Edited by Maurice Naggar
added note

• Root Admin

In most cases a clean removal and reinstall would more than likely correct the issue, but can you please post back a new set of logs @milsabords so that we can review and see if we can determine what is preventing an update.

Upload Malwarebytes Support Tool logs offline

Thanks

Have been running the latest Beta and component updates on Windows 10 Pro 1909 with no discernable problems. Windows Update tells me that W10 2004 is not yet ready for my ThinkPad T450s(!), but I plan on keeping my head below the parapet for at least 90 days anyway before I venture to update.

Thanks again to the team for a great product.

2 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Hi Templost.

Just so you know. the Windows 10 version 1909 is good thru May 11, 2021.

Hi Maurice,

So I understand. I presume that Microsoft will eventually provide an update or a driver that will facilitate the move to the 2004 Feature Update on my ThinkPad but I guess there's no guarantee of that - if I remember correctly, Lenovo doesn't even admit to testing 1909 with the ThinkPad T450s. I was a Windows 7 user before this move to W 10 on a refurbished laptop and the whole Features Update and 'Windows as a service' scenario is somewhat daunting. What exactly is meant by Service Life? Does 1909 get limited security updates after May 2021?

Thanks Advanced Setup as well for the link. Interesting, if confusing reading. I'm right up to date with drivers, I think, as I regularly check out Windows Update, Lenovo driver downloads and Intel also. As I said earlier, I'm in no rush to move on from 1909 but am interested to know what's blocking 2004 being offered.

Iain

Hi Iain.

There is no rush about any of this.  There is no way for me to know what is up about this Lenovo Thinkpad.

As to "service life" it is a term used by Microsoft when they mention end of official support for a specific program  ( in this case, we are referring to specific Windows versions.

Stay cool.  2021 is a long way away.   and way before that, Lenovo and MS will get you squared away.

again, no need  for you to fret about the Windows version.   What you do want to do is to recheck with Lenovo about having the latest BIOS for this Lenovo and perhaps any other hardware driver that needs updating.

Then just keep up with normal / regular MS Windows Update.

I would say to relax a bit.   

Cheers.