New OS Installed - Mother board died

Hello Support team - My motherboard died and had to have OS reinstalled - Apparently I've never updated / created my Malware-bytes account info - I've used premium for years  - how do i find out my valid license number - hopefully i won't have to purchase a new license?

Thanks

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab
    Repair menu_arrows.png

7. Click the Gather Logs button
    Advanced_arrows.png

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    Advanced Gather Logs_arrows.png

9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Advanced Gather Logs completed_arrows.png

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings,

You should be able to create an account at My.Malwarebytes.com to find your license info.  Just enter the email address you used for your original purchase and it should come up.  You can find more info on how to sign up in this support article.  If you are still unable to retrieve your license info then you can contact Malwarebytes Support directly via one of the options found on this page and they should be able to assist you in retrieving your license info.

Please let us know if there is anything else we might assist you with and we'll do our best to help.

Thanks

Edited by exile360

Surprised at lack of customer service and extreme difficulty of getting what should be is an east answer to my question.  Dell Alien ware system was re-imaged because  a bad mother board.  All software and previous information lost - I have an old address and email from where used to live but no access to that old email, as i relocated.  How can I get my existing license information?  I've been a premium customer for years...

Just now, TJL said:

Does Malwarebytes even have technical support?

Yes, of course, but we don't post users' license information in public because it could be stolen so retrieving that info/dealing with licensing issues is generally handled via the helpdesk ticketing system that I linked you to above.  Were you unable to create a support ticket or have you not received a response yet?

If it is the latter then please be sure to check your spam/junk folder in your email that you used for submitting the helpdesk ticket as it may have been placed there by your email provider by mistake.

Sorry to be difficult, but I keep getting sent the instructions for getting into an old email account - I cannot get into that old ISP - Don't know how I can be any clearer - created a ticket yesterday and was hopeful that someone would actually read and provide an answer other than the "standard go into your account" answer - DEll shouldn't have re-imaged my machine they did - i have Zero info - don't ask about cloud backups that an entirely new issue - who can help me? 

Ah, I see.  No worries, I can get someone from the Support team to look at your ticket on the helpdesk and make certain they understand that you no longer have access to the email address you used when making your original purchase/signing up for the My Account feature.

@LiquidTension could you please assist?  This customer purchased and registered Malwarebytes using an email address that is no longer accessible.  Can you please take a look at the helpdesk ticket to assist and ensure that Support is doing all they can to retrieve the license info?

You're very welcome, and I really am sorry for the trouble, I totally understand your frustration.  You just want to get your protection back so that you can secure your computer again, and all these delays aren't helping.  In the meantime, I hope that you have the free trial up and running that way you are still protected.  I wouldn't want you to risk any kind of infection while we wait.

• Root Admin

Hello, @TJL was @LiquidTension able to assist you with your licensing issue?

Let me know and if needed I can contact someone else to assist.

If I may, I would offer the following suggestion for all future software purchases, not just ours. I do two things, which I've been doing now for over 20 years and I still have license and information for software back from the Windows 95 days. A 4TB USB external drive is under a hundred dollars these days and more storage than most people need to last them many years.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16822178865

1. I create a folder on my hard drive that contains all of my purchased software with a copy of the installer (and updates when they come out too) along with the purchase and license information.
2. I keep an encrypted database using Keepass to store all my passwords, as well as all pertinent information to help allow me to reinstall any of my software at any time without having to contact the vendor. I also keep the contact information though just in case I do need to contact them.    

https://keepass.info/

Thank you and I hope all has already been sorted out for you.

Ron

5 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello, @TJL was @LiquidTension able to assist you with your licensing issue?

Let me know and if needed I can contact someone else to assist.

If I may, I would offer the following suggestion for all future software purchases, not just ours. I do two things, which I've been doing now for over 20 years and I still have license and information for software back from the Windows 95 days. A 4TB USB external drive is under a hundred dollars these days and more storage than most people need to last them many years.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16822178865

1. I create a folder on my hard drive that contains all of my purchased software with a copy of the installer (and updates when they come out too) along with the purchase and license information.
2. I keep an encrypted database using Keepass to store all my passwords, as well as all pertinent information to help allow me to reinstall any of my software at any time without having to contact the vendor. I also keep the contact information though just in case I do need to contact them.    

https://keepass.info/

Thank you and I hope all has already been sorted out for you.

Ron

Another vote for KeePass - I've been using it for years to store software licence details alongside the normal day to day logins and passwords. I store the master encrypted file in Dropbox and there's an excellent port for Android so I can easily gain access to my info from my smartphone. No substitute for regular system backups though! 

Iain

Guys thanks for the tips on data security! However prior to suggestions about best practices with software licenses / passwords; MAYBE WE COULD SOLVE THIS PROBLEM FIRST!

Here's the Cliff Notes version of my issue:

My computer was re-imaged - I've relocated several times since I first purchased my license.  Please don't send me link: go to your account, because I don't have access to the Internet Service Provider any longer. What information do I need to provide for someone to get me my existing license keys?

This is so easy - who can help...

14 minutes ago, TJL said:

This is so easy - who can help...

Be patient, It is the weekend and there are fewer people in the office to handle support requests.

For a moment, Forget the email issue. Was the key purchased directly from Malwarebytes website or from another source?