IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage

8 minutes ago, VeeamUS94 said:

If we have the Malwarebytes icon disabled where do we see package version? I don't see it on the cloud either?

You can view it in scan history or navigate to the updateconfig folder under programdata\malwarebytes

It'll be in the UpdateControllerConfig.json file under this key "dbcls_pkg_version" 

With our February update, it will be visible in the cloud console on the endpoint overview page.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have about 220 computers that have Malwarebytes.  This update is preventing any traffic from going to the computers so they cannot download the update.  Am I going to need to go around and manually touch every computer to remove Malwarebytes?  I've verified the server has 2018.01.27.12.  If I can prevent driving out to our remote sites by waiting a few hours, that would be preferable, but it's been more more than 2 hours since the server downloaded the fix update and we still have no computers online other than the ones I touched.

MalwareBytesUserCount.PNG

8 minutes ago, tend2it said:

Thanks ... but it is already disabled to off as part of the license access problem.

One laptop somehow got updated ... I Checked For Updates several times via the MWB System Icon, the last time at 99% Physical Memory lockout, let the system hang for 10-15 minutes while the 1% allowed the update to possibly work, then mysteriously, on the next reboot, MWB was updated to the patch and the problem was fixed.  Why is there no physical Check For Updates button in the GUI?

Uninstall and reinstall has been reported as working for other users here running the consumer product.

5 minutes ago, Hoyacoder said:

I installed the update about an hour ago on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop and it fixed the problem. 

1. Reboot and open the Malwarebytes app ASAP before memory taps out.
2. On the Dashboard, click Updates, even if it says "Current."  (The update took about 2 minutes.)
3. Click Updates again, just to make sure.
4. Go to Settings>>About and verify that the update package version is 1.0.3803.
5. Quit the Malwarebytes app.
6. Go to Control Panel>>Administrative Tools>>Services, select Malwarebytes Service, and click Restart the service.  (You won't need to reboot.)
7. Check the Performance tab in Task Manager.  Memory usage should be flatlined.

This does not work, cannot update. Had to boot into Safe MOde to uninstall.  I'll be afraid to go download the new file.

Have just tried to get on the internet with my machine using Chrome and Edge- Both are unable to access the internet. Also just had a message pop up saying Breakpoint: A Breakpoint Has Been Reached?

Anybody know what on earth that's all about?

Edited by GavinP

You've got a lot of computer professionals here, who quickly realized the problem was MLWB. My computer totally froze every time I tried to use it this morning and I was already researching the cost of sending a computer geek to my house to figure out my problem. I discovered it was your problem from googling. At minimum, you should be sending an email out to all of your premium users to let them know what was causing their computer problems this morning so they don't pay to have a professional diagnose for them.

14 minutes ago, caamt13 said:

Thank you for the reasonably quick fix. I really hope this won't be happening in the future.

There are others who post that the quick fix or fix worked, however, none have listed which fix worked. I've read at least three or four fixes. So, to all those who post that the fix worked, please tell us which one you used. Currently I have MB disabled and all is well with my PC. And last but not least, can we get a consensus on which fix should be used or us that even possible?

3 minutes ago, Jessmomof2 said:

Have update but web protection is off and  can not be turned on.  I have rebooted several times and read on the forum to do something in safemode.  This is something I do not know much about and do not feel safe. Can an admin walk us/me through?  Thanks jessica

De- and reinstall solved my problem with the webprotection, finally- downloading the regular setup-file from https://www.malwarebytes.com/ , before, look for your license-key settings/my account..

4 minutes ago, 1776blues said:

There are others who post that the quick fix or fix worked, however, none have listed which fix worked. I've read at least three or four fixes. So, to all those who post that the fix worked, please tell us which one you used. Currently I have MB disabled and all is well with my PC. And last but not least, can we get a consensus on which fix should be used or us that even possible?

Simply start MBAM and update and reboot before your machine freezes.  Version 1.0.3803 is the fix. 

Edited by TerryH

I too have been with MB since 09 - lifetime license.  The product has been getting flakey for the last year or so.  There are weeks where I just turn it off.  Mostly CPU utilization issues.  Runs 80-90% on Core I7.  I close MB and computer goes to 10% on all cores.   I will restart it every few days to run a scan.  Sad to see a good and needed product go bad.  Maybe this will change things.  Better product - Better testing.    This was a wake up call.  You cannot toy with your customer base.  Anyone remember WordPerfect.  They owned the market - every Legal office use it. Gone and forgotten.   Screw with your customers and **it happens. 

19 minutes ago, Dkone111 said:

Thanks for the attempt to put words in my mouth.  I am sticking with outrage... I wouldn't use the word frustration when I am driving into the office on a Saturday and then having to spend a couple hours removing MB from workstations and servers and then apologizing to our customers because of someone else's screw-up.  So yeah, I am sticking with outrage.  Frustrating would be it took down my home PC and I had to reboot/update or uninstall/reinstall.  Btw, I didn't have the problem on my home machine because I don't run MB on it.

Well said...I agree with you.

12 minutes ago, MartyJ said:

I have about 220 computers that have Malwarebytes.  This update is preventing any traffic from going to the computers so they cannot download the update.  Am I going to need to go around and manually touch every computer to remove Malwarebytes?  I've verified the server has 2018.01.27.12.  If I can prevent driving out to our remote sites by waiting a few hours, that would be preferable, but it's been more more than 2 hours since the server downloaded the fix update and we still have no computers online other than the ones I touched.

MalwareBytesUserCount.PNG

Me too, my remotes are non-responsive meaning I have to drive out to remote sites.  NIGHTMARE.