RubbeR DuckY

IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage

As of the time of this post these are the two versions that are available to download. MWB-2 is from the main download page, MWB-2 is from my account. Are these the fixed program? I am not going to download old versions and then have to deal with crashing my computer all over again. Thanks!

MWB-2.PNG

MWB-1.PNG

Thanks for the info.  It was good to at least know what was making those low-memory warnings happen!  And thanks for fixing it!

My Real Time Protection will NOT turn on Even if I select Default Settings or go to the settings area.

Duane

1 minute ago, SkipDQJR said:

I had the 1.0.3804 update which didn't work until I uninstalled MWB and then re-installed it.

So, even the fixed version doesn't work?

Okay. That's weird. So I kept checking task manager and closing Malwarebyte Service every time I start to see it go up (about 6-7 times) and now all of a sudden randomly, it has decided to behave itself and stop sucking up all my memory. Also web protection is staying on... :blink:

Will keep an eye on it just in case.

Edited by Pooch

What a charlie foxtrot. I really didn't want to spend my day troubleshooting beta software for which I paid, or considering that I was hacked by counter hacking software (the ultimate irony). Even with 64 GB RAM, malware malwarebytes is taking up 46 GB, and it continues to grab more. Amateurs. 

malwarebytes bloat.PNG

Just now, noguano said:

What a charlie foxtrot. I really didn't want to spend my day troubleshooting beta software for which I paid, or considering that I was hacked by counter hacking software (the ultimate irony). Even with 64 GB RAM, malware malwarebytes is taking up 46 GB, and it continues to grab more. Amateurs. 

malwarebytes bloat.PNG

Uninstall and Reinstall Malwarebytes, Run update and then you should be good to go.

There seems to be a pattern developing here which validates my decision to wait before re-installing the software.

Older systems with less RAM are not as resiliant to the fix as the super fast machines with 16GB plus of RAM.  In the time it takes to get the update, even if you are super fast with mouse and keyboard, an older system will have all its RAM taken by the rogue process.

My machines are older ones, hence I will wait till a proper distributable which post dates the patch is available on the site - till then I will just wait and use alternatives.

Look for this cluster to be in the news tomorrow.  I just got back from the grocery store and there were random people talking about it.  This is going to be epic.

I'm not sure if there is any kind of service level agreement, but I think it would certainly be a nice gesture for Malwarebytes to offer some free subscription time. I appreciate the honestly and getting this fixed fairly quickly, although I was surprised the support site was offline when the issue occurred.

Edited by Chancer
Grammar, oops

This issue took down half my domain joined PCs.  Whatever the problem was it was causing the login process to fail.  Only way to fix was to boot into safe mode disable the services reboot and log back in and uninstall the product. Not to be reinstalled...SMH.  Anyone else with similar problems as me?

Just now, Bob_b said:

There seems to be a pattern developing here which validates my decision to wait before re-installing the software.

Older systems with less RAM are not as resiliant to the fix as the super fast machines with 16GB plus of RAM.  In the time it takes to get the update, even if you are super fast with mouse and keyboard, an older system will have all its RAM taken by the rogue process.

My machines are older ones, hence I will wait till a proper distributable which post dates the patch is available on the site - till then I will just wait and use alternatives.

Exactly! Plus we (most of us) have paid for this product. We shouldn't have to download, update (hope that we don't crash) and reboot. The fixed program should be available right now through the primary web page and on our accounts page. By leaving up the old problematic software any new user can download it and then have problems, is that what you want Malwarebytes to be known for?

2 minutes ago, Chancer said:

I'm not sure if there is any kind of service level agreement, but I think it would certainly be a nice gesture for Malwarebytes to offer some free subscription time as a gesture. I appreciate the honestly and getting this fixed fairly quickly, although I was surprised the support site was offline when the issue occurred.

Most SLA's would be around 99% availability - 6 hours out (given 8760 hours/year) isnt even close - I wouldn't hold your breath for free subscription time based on this one incident.

1 minute ago, djcrimmy said:

it wont even let me update just insta crash how about you fix this issue before it damages someones pc

many have posted on hardware damage, not a good day for Malwarebytes

Ah, finally got it.  Had to quickly open Task Manager and end the Malwarebytes task.  Uninstalled and then went to the website and download and installed again and activated.  Seems to be working now.

1 minute ago, djcrimmy said:

it wont even let me update just insta crash how about you fix this issue before it damages someones pc

Uninstall it for now, if you cant patch it.  The more times you beat your head against this, the more frustrated you will get and the more likely it is that YOU will do damage to your PC.  Just bite the bullet and wait for this all to stabilise.  If you break your PC by fighting a battle you cannot win, whose fault would that be ?

4 minutes ago, GaryRK said:

Exactly! Plus we (most of us) have paid for this product. We shouldn't have to download, update (hope that we don't crash) and reboot. The fixed program should be available right now through the primary web page and on our accounts page. By leaving up the old problematic software any new user can download it and then have problems, is that what you want Malwarebytes to be known for?

They've left the faulty software up? I knew it wasn't working when I tried it, but this strikes me as a pretty big oversight to make...

I use the Malwarebytes for Windows for home  and heard from Joseph  at support.  I rebooted at least three times and I still can't get the web protection to turn on. I have Malwarebytes Premium version 3.3.1.2183 and  update package version 1.0.3804. These seem to be the latest updates so can someone advise.  Thanks.

Malwarebytes web protection turned off.docx

1 hour ago, X-Ray said:

Hello from Northern Germany,

that's my problem, too.

A lot of people are angry with me now and I have a lot of work to do on my free weekend. :angry:

OK, it's happend but please you really need to make sure this does not happen again.

Hi back at ya from Florida, what a day. Spent the entire day on this issue. I suspect this will hit the news and my past thoughts on  "relax Malwarebytes is active"  days are over. Today they became the nightmare for many. The only positive I see is the amount of new registering on the forum boards today, not sure that is a good thing though .Mine is uninstalled, I'll see what happens before deciding to reinstall in the future.