IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue

Such a joke. So now I paid an technician to come down to my office to fix my server (Uninstalling MalwareBytes and telling us to keep it 100% offline until further notice- Being your FINAL fix or a brand swap). So now I'm out subscriptions if I switch. I sent my employees home. I'm out income for the day. I'm getting the backlash from my partners. HUGE chain of events for causing a whole chain of computers to black screen on us today. So whats the deal? I want ADMIN/CEO approval on a 'THIS IS THE FINAL 100% WORKING FIX' asap. Not from anyone else. ASAP.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, KadyS said:

If the patch doesn't seem to solve your problem go here : https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean     Running the tool will also prompt for a download and reinstall. Might be easier for some than messing around with stopping and starting services - not everybody knows how to do that. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR LICENSE ON HAND. 

Restart the PC and you don't have to mess around with the processes or tasks. Easiest way.

9 minutes ago, aqw409 said:

Restart yuor computer and look at teh update package for version number 3803 Then restart the PC.

EDITED TO ADD: Nevermind! Its back to normal now without a system restart. Im on update 3803. Seems to be doing fine now. Guess it updated in the background somehow.

///////////////////

Don't understand. Why restart the PC if the update hasnt been received? Look where for the update package? 

Edited by ginakra

5 minutes ago, BungalowBill said:

Utterly reprehensible that you rolled out an update that trashed my PC and made me waste half a day chasing the fault - I've uninstalled and installed other Web apps and video drivers trying to find the culprit before working out it was MBAM. NOT impressed. Will be looking for an alternative.

Hehehe your going to downgrade from the best antivirus because of a small flaw? Other A/V companies have done a LOT worse than this. When I have a problem on the PC I simply hit CTRL-ALT Del and look at resouces. It doesn't take me half a day to figure out whats wrong.......

Also I don't pay a technician to come out and look at my servers....If I am an administrator, I can see the CPU and Mem issue caused by a service. Its simply put - you can wait it out and know they are working on the issue. Paying some one to come out and confirm what is already fact is throwing money away. LOL

Edited by Gary_K

Yes, that was quick, by the time I tracked down the it was MBAM, and possible fixes, that didn't work, I found the minute by minute situation happening on this forum. I stopped trying to fix it, Deactivated, and waited for the all clear. Once the first user reported no more memory leaked, Reactivated. No leaking... Thanks All.

all better now.png

Edited by Paul_B

1 minute ago, DsE said:

Such a joke. So now I paid an technician to come down to my office to fix my server (Uninstalling MalwareBytes and telling us to keep it 100% offline until further notice- Being your FINAL fix or a brand swap). So now I'm out subscriptions if I switch. I sent my employees home. I'm out income for the day. I'm getting the backlash from my partners. HUGE chain of events for causing a whole chain of computers to black screen on us today. So whats the deal? I want ADMIN/CEO approval on a 'THIS IS THE FINAL 100% WORKING FIX' asap. Not from anyone else. ASAP.

If your IT guy's only option was to uninstall MB then fire him because there are SOO many different ways to fix the problem. And the newest update fixes the problem. 

1 minute ago, DsE said:

LOL

You sent your employees how because you couldn't temporarily disable the web protection? 

Just now, aqw409 said:

If your IT guy's only option was to uninstall MB then fire him because there are SOO many different ways to fix the problem. And the newest update fixes the problem. 

Stop the process from running. Either way it renders it useless. 

2 minutes ago, Gary_K said:

Hehehe your going to downgrade from the best antivirus because of a small flaw? Other A/V companies have done a LOT worse than this. When I have a problem on the PC I simply hit CTRL-ALT Del and look at resouces. It doesn't take me half a day to figure out whats wrong.......

Damn right I am - fortunately I am IT literate so I was not panicking, but what about people who are less capable? They won't know to check forums or how to pause, force updates and so on - they will think their PC is screwed, and that sucks!

Also I couldn't hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up Task Manager, the screen was black - if you read the thread. It was unresponsive - you could barely move the mouse let alone run any apps.

Edited by BungalowBill

2 minutes ago, ginakra said:

Don't understand. Why restart the PC if the update hasnt been received? Look where for the update package? 

Settings, Version. Bottom of the page. And an update is the easiest way to get it to work. Unless you want to mess around with task manager for like 10 seconds if you know what your doing. 

Serious? You're this fukk'd up that this POS release wasn't tested before being dumped onto your user base?  You're going to feel my "pain" because it was another piece of malware detection software that alerted me to the "odd behavior" of MBAMservice.exe wanting to allocate 16GB of fukk'n RAM. 

Congrats Malwarebytes: I've just classified your product as MALWARE and am doing a broadcast to all 118,481 clients with an immediate suggestion to UNINSTALL your product and treat it as a serious system threat.

I am also forwarding this event info and the DAMAGE LOGS from a networked computer to LEGAL.  We will coordinate with our Chicago branch to discuss an immediate class action lawsuit to involve any/all parties adversely affected - particularly among our clients.

I'll show you pain.

WTF_MBAM.png.5ed816c06b1f7e596aba7435e7259f37.png

This update completely trashed my 3 computers. They where UNUSABLE. One of them almost had to be reformated. I found a solution to disable internet connection so that i could uninstall Malwarebytes. They are now working fine.

Why would i pay for a software to protect me if it causes even more problems than a malware ? This is not a bug that causes web blocking or high ram usage. This caused the PCs to froze, crash and needing forced shutdowns.

I just bought Malwarebytes a few days ago so i asked for a full refund. I'm sorry but this is unacceptable as i never had such a mess with an software before.

Just now, BungalowBill said:

Damn right I am - fortunately I am IT literate so I was not panicking, but what about people who are less capable? They won't know to check forums or how to pause, force updates and so on - they will think their PC is screwed, and that sucks!

You got that right - Then they'll take their computer somewhere and get charged a lot of money to have it fixed.  

10 minutes ago, Gary_K said:

People need to understand that this is a complex process. Anyone who has taken the time to read the news about security lately???? The manufacturers of OS's have been reverting the Spectre and Meltdown compatibility patches which make the antivirus and operating systems play nice. If you'd stop the rabid comments and negativity towards one of the BEST antivirus companies out there they might be able to focus on what needs to be done - and that is NOT replying to everyones' rant and unnecessary posts. They are working on the issue, they are not answering you because they are doing something important, rather than listening to a bunch of noise

Take a chill pill, become a couch PA-TAT-O and watch some TV. The issue with the patch isn't a world wide epidemic.

Patch your box, restart the maching and it's FIXED. 

Before you go ranting about something like this, know what your talking about. Could YOU go in there and fix this issue as quickly as these guys can? I doubt it. Patience in the world is dead last to ADD and ADHD when it comes to complaining about something that is trivial. Go outside and breathe some fresh air. 

Hehehehe

Yeah, what was I thinking... only being in systems engineering for 20+ years, expecting reliability from a tool that I count on... I should just go watch TV.  It's clearly over my head.

BTW, this is the exact reason the security industry is abandoning tools like this in droves in favor of white-listing, sand boxing, privilege elevation protection....

1 minute ago, trawlerman said:

I don't know if the problem has been fixed or I have found a solution pro tem: What I did was turn off Malwarebytes Service in Task Manager which triggered a message that the service would restart. When it automatically restarted the problem had gone away.

The last update fixed it for me

Just now, xmonster said:

LOL

You sent your employees how because you couldn't temporarily disable the web protection? 

Black screens across the board. Are you going to pay an office full of employees their wage per hour to do nothing for x amount of unknown hours at the time? 

Just now, trawlerman said:

I don't know if the problem has been fixed or I have found a solution pro tem: What I did was turn off Malwarebytes Service in Task Manager which triggered a message that the service would restart. When it automatically restarted the problem had gone away.

Its fixed now. But a lot of Corporate "IT" People how are probably not even corporate are going crazy over this forum and spamming it.