Jump to content
RubbeR DuckY

IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue

Recommended Posts

Still having high RAM usages problems!  

Clicked update and it said update applied:

Current: 3.3.1.2183  Component ver: 1.0.262 Update package ver: 1.0.3803

 

Help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, grunf said:

Restart MBAM.

 

Still not working. Still the process grows and grows in the memory using a lot of cpu too. Web protection still off. Tried running update but it says it is current.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr_Bombay said:

Still having high RAM usages problems!  

Clicked update and it said update applied:

Current: 3.3.1.2183  Component ver: 1.0.262 Update package ver: 1.0.3803

 

Help!

Restart MB then. And maybe restart the pc or end the process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK thank goodness you are aware of this issue. I am running 12 gb RAM and 11.9 of it is running MWB. Computer is unusable so will be shutting down MWB until notified that the issue is fixed or perhaps I might churn to diffferent software. Lets see how this goes..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BillH99999 said:

Which component update number supposedly fixes this?

Not component, update package 1.0.3803.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blackbolt22 said:

You don't need to remote in to fix it. If she can use a computer then she can follow your phone instructions.

You vastly underestimate the non-ability of elderly people, but I appreciate your crisp advice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3.3.1.2183 is the no bueno update .  Evidently there is a new version.  Prob takes a while for everyone to get new stuff.... or to trust a update..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ITS IS FIXED PEOPLE JUST COME DOWN

1-Quit Malwarebytes (right click on the icon in the icon tray)

2-Open the app normally from the desktop shortcut or anywhere 

3-Done it's working !!

And for the people who still have the issue, you don't need to uninstall just QUIT the software 

Edited by rushsuka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jayman1000 said:

Still not working. Still the process grows and grows in the memory using a lot of cpu too. Web protection still off. Tried running update but it says it is current.

Read blackbolt22 comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UncleMax said:

3.3.1.2183 is the no bueno update .  Evidently there is a new version.  Prob takes a while for everyone to get new stuff.... or to trust a update..

Update package version 1.0.3803 fixes it. just restart your PC once you have ti installed for the easiest way to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we got your back, Malwarebytes!  Just don't let the Isl**ic invasion destroy Estonia, k!  Meanwhile, I will patiently await you excellent people to fix the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baron said:

OK thank goodness you are aware of this issue. I am running 12 gb RAM and 11.9 of it is running MWB. Computer is unusable so will be shutting down MWB until notified that the issue is fixed or perhaps I might churn to diffferent software. Lets see how this goes..

Some says clicking "current" under update will fix it with a new update. Try it, then exit mb, then restart it and see if it helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, people are so angry. They need to learn to relax. I'm sure the developers are scrambling to fix the issue. Until then just uninstall and reinstall later. At least the company is clear with their communication. Developers are humans too despite what you're lead to believe. Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sosofunnie said:

You vastly underestimate the non-ability of elderly people, but I appreciate your crisp advice. 

Yeah, I can attest to THIS.  I cannot imagine trying to talk my mother through this...   thankfully, she only rarely fires up the PC to play solitare.  Usually always on her Ipad my sis bought her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zipperfist said:

I'm glad to hear you guys are on it, is there any kind of quick fix we can do in order to keep mbam running without the memory leak?

Its fixed now. Just restart the PC or exit MB and end the task.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Restarted MBAM and checked for updates after. The issue appears to have been fixed now. MalwareBytes is now hovering around 200MB in the Task Manager with little to no CPU usage and Web Protection is back to On.

Looking a hell of a lot better than when Task Manager told me it was using 98% CPU and eating up 28GB RAM. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zipperfist said:

I'm glad to hear you guys are on it, is there any kind of quick fix we can do in order to keep mbam running without the memory leak?

IT should be fixed now. Click on "Current" under "Scan Status" in the Dashboard, let it update. Then restart Mb, perhaps even your computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be back to normal, 200mb of RAM use, Web protection on. 

While is understandable that mistakes happen, especially with multilayered and complex products like anti malware solutions, this has been truly catastrophic failure on MWBs end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rushsuka said:

ITS IS FIXED PEOPLE JUST COME DOWN

1-Quit Malwarebytes (right click on the icon in the icon tray)

2-Open the app normally from the desktop shortcut or anywhere 

3-Done it's working !!

I'll wait until it's confirmed from Marcin this is fixed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OldPhart said:

I'm annoyed this broken update was released

It is definitely annoying. Glad it is fixed now.

Kudo's to dev's for being so quick with fixing it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been fighting MB all morning. I uninstalled it and had trouble with my registration too. It eats up all the memory and causes Win7 error messages about using up all the memory with memory low warnings and crashes. I finally just uninstalled it with Revo and will wait until it's really fixed. Arrrgghh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On both my systems I had MB with Web Protection off.

I got it to update to 1.0.3803.

I then quit MB from the task bar and then checked Task Manager and after a few seconds the MB Service was gone.

Restarted MB and all is back to normal.

Jim :ph34r:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.