RubbeR DuckY

IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue

Still having high RAM usages problems!  

Clicked update and it said update applied:

Current: 3.3.1.2183  Component ver: 1.0.262 Update package ver: 1.0.3803

Help!

3 minutes ago, grunf said:

Restart MBAM.

Still not working. Still the process grows and grows in the memory using a lot of cpu too. Web protection still off. Tried running update but it says it is current.

Just now, Dr_Bombay said:

Still having high RAM usages problems!  

Clicked update and it said update applied:

Current: 3.3.1.2183  Component ver: 1.0.262 Update package ver: 1.0.3803

Help!

Restart MB then. And maybe restart the pc or end the process. 

OK thank goodness you are aware of this issue. I am running 12 gb RAM and 11.9 of it is running MWB. Computer is unusable so will be shutting down MWB until notified that the issue is fixed or perhaps I might churn to diffferent software. Lets see how this goes..

Just now, BillH99999 said:

Which component update number supposedly fixes this?

Not component, update package 1.0.3803.

2 minutes ago, blackbolt22 said:

You don't need to remote in to fix it. If she can use a computer then she can follow your phone instructions.

You vastly underestimate the non-ability of elderly people, but I appreciate your crisp advice. 

3.3.1.2183 is the no bueno update .  Evidently there is a new version.  Prob takes a while for everyone to get new stuff.... or to trust a update..

ITS IS FIXED PEOPLE JUST COME DOWN

1-Quit Malwarebytes (right click on the icon in the icon tray)

2-Open the app normally from the desktop shortcut or anywhere 

3-Done it's working !!

And for the people who still have the issue, you don't need to uninstall just QUIT the software 

Edited by rushsuka

2 minutes ago, jayman1000 said:

Still not working. Still the process grows and grows in the memory using a lot of cpu too. Web protection still off. Tried running update but it says it is current.

Read blackbolt22 comment.

Just now, UncleMax said:

3.3.1.2183 is the no bueno update .  Evidently there is a new version.  Prob takes a while for everyone to get new stuff.... or to trust a update..

Update package version 1.0.3803 fixes it. just restart your PC once you have ti installed for the easiest way to fix it.

we got your back, Malwarebytes!  Just don't let the Isl**ic invasion destroy Estonia, k!  Meanwhile, I will patiently await you excellent people to fix the issue.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

OK thank goodness you are aware of this issue. I am running 12 gb RAM and 11.9 of it is running MWB. Computer is unusable so will be shutting down MWB until notified that the issue is fixed or perhaps I might churn to diffferent software. Lets see how this goes..

Some says clicking "current" under update will fix it with a new update. Try it, then exit mb, then restart it and see if it helps.

WOW, people are so angry. They need to learn to relax. I'm sure the developers are scrambling to fix the issue. Until then just uninstall and reinstall later. At least the company is clear with their communication. Developers are humans too despite what you're lead to believe. Lol 

1 minute ago, sosofunnie said:

You vastly underestimate the non-ability of elderly people, but I appreciate your crisp advice. 

Yeah, I can attest to THIS.  I cannot imagine trying to talk my mother through this...   thankfully, she only rarely fires up the PC to play solitare.  Usually always on her Ipad my sis bought her.

Just now, zipperfist said:

I'm glad to hear you guys are on it, is there any kind of quick fix we can do in order to keep mbam running without the memory leak?

Its fixed now. Just restart the PC or exit MB and end the task.

Restarted MBAM and checked for updates after. The issue appears to have been fixed now. MalwareBytes is now hovering around 200MB in the Task Manager with little to no CPU usage and Web Protection is back to On.

Looking a hell of a lot better than when Task Manager told me it was using 98% CPU and eating up 28GB RAM. :) 

Just now, zipperfist said:

I'm glad to hear you guys are on it, is there any kind of quick fix we can do in order to keep mbam running without the memory leak?

IT should be fixed now. Click on "Current" under "Scan Status" in the Dashboard, let it update. Then restart Mb, perhaps even your computer.

Seems to be back to normal, 200mb of RAM use, Web protection on. 

While is understandable that mistakes happen, especially with multilayered and complex products like anti malware solutions, this has been truly catastrophic failure on MWBs end.

1 minute ago, rushsuka said:

ITS IS FIXED PEOPLE JUST COME DOWN

1-Quit Malwarebytes (right click on the icon in the icon tray)

2-Open the app normally from the desktop shortcut or anywhere 

3-Done it's working !!

I'll wait until it's confirmed from Marcin this is fixed. 

3 minutes ago, OldPhart said:

I'm annoyed this broken update was released

It is definitely annoying. Glad it is fixed now.

Kudo's to dev's for being so quick with fixing it!

I have been fighting MB all morning. I uninstalled it and had trouble with my registration too. It eats up all the memory and causes Win7 error messages about using up all the memory with memory low warnings and crashes. I finally just uninstalled it with Revo and will wait until it's really fixed. Arrrgghh!

On both my systems I had MB with Web Protection off.

I got it to update to 1.0.3803.

I then quit MB from the task bar and then checked Task Manager and after a few seconds the MB Service was gone.

Restarted MB and all is back to normal.

Jim :ph34r: