Jump to content
RubbeR DuckY

IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue

Recommended Posts

Same story here. I received the update, but it didn't "take" till I restarted my computer. Now everything is back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Utterly reprehensible that you rolled out an update that trashed my PC and made me waste half a day chasing the fault - I've uninstalled and installed other Web apps and video drivers trying to find the culprit before working out it was MBAM. NOT impressed. Will be looking for an alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the patch doesn't seem to solve your problem go here : https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean     Running the tool will also prompt for a download and reinstall. Might be easier for some than messing around with stopping and starting services - not everybody knows how to do that. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR LICENSE ON HAND. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine started as soon as I updated to Firefox 58. Kept blocking FF and so uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled. After that Malwarebytes blocked Firefox ONLY!  I can get into IE fine without Malwarebytes blocking.  I have not tried Google nor the others except IE which is fine. I can get online after several attempts thru Firefox but at some point Malwarebytes does the job in blocking whatever it shows up in Firefox. attach screen shot.

firefox blocked.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sfrush said:

I'll wait until it's confirmed from Marcin this is fixed. 

Me Too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the fix, the panic, the end-user raging, and my BSOD. I recently installed a new SSD and fresh Windows.

Why yes, I am being passive aggressive.

4 minutes ago, Gary_K said:

People need to understand [...]

... that potato is spelled with an O, not an A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such a joke. So now I paid an technician to come down to my office to fix my server (Uninstalling MalwareBytes and telling us to keep it 100% offline until further notice- Being your FINAL fix or a brand swap). So now I'm out subscriptions if I switch. I sent my employees home. I'm out income for the day. I'm getting the backlash from my partners. HUGE chain of events for causing a whole chain of computers to black screen on us today. So whats the deal? I want ADMIN/CEO approval on a 'THIS IS THE FINAL 100% WORKING FIX' asap. Not from anyone else. ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KadyS said:

If the patch doesn't seem to solve your problem go here : https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean     Running the tool will also prompt for a download and reinstall. Might be easier for some than messing around with stopping and starting services - not everybody knows how to do that. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR LICENSE ON HAND. 

Restart the PC and you don't have to mess around with the processes or tasks. Easiest way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, aqw409 said:

Restart yuor computer and look at teh update package for version number 3803 Then restart the PC.

EDITED TO ADD: Nevermind! Its back to normal now without a system restart. Im on update 3803. Seems to be doing fine now. Guess it updated in the background somehow.

///////////////////

Don't understand. Why restart the PC if the update hasnt been received? Look where for the update package? 

Edited by ginakra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BungalowBill said:

Utterly reprehensible that you rolled out an update that trashed my PC and made me waste half a day chasing the fault - I've uninstalled and installed other Web apps and video drivers trying to find the culprit before working out it was MBAM. NOT impressed. Will be looking for an alternative.

Hehehe your going to downgrade from the best antivirus because of a small flaw? Other A/V companies have done a LOT worse than this. When I have a problem on the PC I simply hit CTRL-ALT Del and look at resouces. It doesn't take me half a day to figure out whats wrong.......

 

Also I don't pay a technician to come out and look at my servers....If I am an administrator, I can see the CPU and Mem issue caused by a service. Its simply put - you can wait it out and know they are working on the issue. Paying some one to come out and confirm what is already fact is throwing money away. LOL

Edited by Gary_K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that was quick, by the time I tracked down the it was MBAM, and possible fixes, that didn't work, I found the minute by minute situation happening on this forum. I stopped trying to fix it, Deactivated, and waited for the all clear. Once the first user reported no more memory leaked, Reactivated. No leaking... Thanks All.

all better now.png

Edited by Paul_B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DsE said:

Such a joke. So now I paid an technician to come down to my office to fix my server (Uninstalling MalwareBytes and telling us to keep it 100% offline until further notice- Being your FINAL fix or a brand swap). So now I'm out subscriptions if I switch. I sent my employees home. I'm out income for the day. I'm getting the backlash from my partners. HUGE chain of events for causing a whole chain of computers to black screen on us today. So whats the deal? I want ADMIN/CEO approval on a 'THIS IS THE FINAL 100% WORKING FIX' asap. Not from anyone else. ASAP.

If your IT guy's only option was to uninstall MB then fire him because there are SOO many different ways to fix the problem. And the newest update fixes the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to very nice PC's take a complete dump and freeze and got a memory error and frozen apps on the windows 7 PC and lots of frozen apps on the windows 10 pc, I un-installed MB's on both until the fix is done, tested and working......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DsE said:

Such a joke. So now I paid an technician to come down to my office to fix my server (Uninstalling MalwareBytes and telling us to keep it 100% offline until further notice- Being your FINAL fix or a brand swap). So now I'm out subscriptions if I switch. I sent my employees home. I'm out income for the day. I'm getting the backlash from my partners. HUGE chain of events for causing a whole chain of computers to black screen on us today. So whats the deal? I want ADMIN/CEO approval on a 'THIS IS THE FINAL 100% WORKING FIX' asap. Not from anyone else. ASAP.

LOL

You sent your employees how because you couldn't temporarily disable the web protection? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I uninstalled Malwarebytes on two computers having the same problems as described here, and the problems disappeared. My disks were running extremely hot after cashing memory for a long time.

Something similar happend once before.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aqw409 said:

If your IT guy's only option was to uninstall MB then fire him because there are SOO many different ways to fix the problem. And the newest update fixes the problem. 

Stop the process from running. Either way it renders it useless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gary_K said:

Hehehe your going to downgrade from the best antivirus because of a small flaw? Other A/V companies have done a LOT worse than this. When I have a problem on the PC I simply hit CTRL-ALT Del and look at resouces. It doesn't take me half a day to figure out whats wrong.......

Damn right I am - fortunately I am IT literate so I was not panicking, but what about people who are less capable? They won't know to check forums or how to pause, force updates and so on - they will think their PC is screwed, and that sucks!

Also I couldn't hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up Task Manager, the screen was black - if you read the thread. It was unresponsive - you could barely move the mouse let alone run any apps.

Edited by BungalowBill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ginakra said:

Don't understand. Why restart the PC if the update hasnt been received? Look where for the update package? 

Settings, Version. Bottom of the page. And an update is the easiest way to get it to work. Unless you want to mess around with task manager for like 10 seconds if you know what your doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious? You're this fukk'd up that this POS release wasn't tested before being dumped onto your user base?  You're going to feel my "pain" because it was another piece of malware detection software that alerted me to the "odd behavior" of MBAMservice.exe wanting to allocate 16GB of fukk'n RAM. 

Congrats Malwarebytes: I've just classified your product as MALWARE and am doing a broadcast to all 118,481 clients with an immediate suggestion to UNINSTALL your product and treat it as a serious system threat.

I am also forwarding this event info and the DAMAGE LOGS from a networked computer to LEGAL.  We will coordinate with our Chicago branch to discuss an immediate class action lawsuit to involve any/all parties adversely affected - particularly among our clients.

I'll show you pain.

 

WTF_MBAM.png.5ed816c06b1f7e596aba7435e7259f37.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This update completely trashed my 3 computers. They where UNUSABLE. One of them almost had to be reformated. I found a solution to disable internet connection so that i could uninstall Malwarebytes. They are now working fine.

Why would i pay for a software to protect me if it causes even more problems than a malware ? This is not a bug that causes web blocking or high ram usage. This caused the PCs to froze, crash and needing forced shutdowns.

I just bought Malwarebytes a few days ago so i asked for a full refund. I'm sorry but this is unacceptable as i never had such a mess with an software before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if the problem has been fixed or I have found a solution pro tem: What I did was turn off Malwarebytes Service in Task Manager which triggered a message that the service would restart. When it automatically restarted the problem had gone away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BungalowBill said:

Damn right I am - fortunately I am IT literate so I was not panicking, but what about people who are less capable? They won't know to check forums or how to pause, force updates and so on - they will think their PC is screwed, and that sucks!

You got that right - Then they'll take their computer somewhere and get charged a lot of money to have it fixed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.