IP Protection - Suggestions

I hope you guyz put an implementation of IP protection disabler... because some of us having trouble of false positives from IP infection.. though we can disable it, but that is necessary once the computer started. It can't be disable permanently.. I hope for that so we have a choice

<_<

;)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

It's in the works to be implemented and should be out soon. Though now it's up to you to ensure that the IP is really safe as in most cases where users want us to unblock a site, it is often a bad site. Now that you're the one that can control it I'm sure many users are going to start adding many sites that are bad because an ad or something else from their main site triggered it and they won't know how or take the time to try to track down if it really was a bad IP or not.

Ron,

Perhaps a silly question, but will a user be able to not install or somehow disable the IP exclusion feature? Or should it just not be used if one doesn't wish to use it?

hello everone

i have the problem with IP protection (its not aproblem really but i don't like it)

that is : when i select start protection and let the program start with windows and remove the mark from ''IP Protecation" After i did all that , when i restart the PC the mark back to "IP Protection" and i don't want the IP Protection work

so any one have to answer me how to stop ip protection from work ? (and still stop of work after the restart too)

thanks for all :)

Malwarebytes customers, we do listen to your feedback! As requested, starting with 1.42 we have implemented the ability to add individual IPs to the Ignore List so they are not blocked.

To do this, visit the blocked site and incur an IP block. Then right-click on the Malwarebytes system-tray icon after the block notification appears, and choose Add to Ignore List and the IP.

Please note that we do not recommend doing this as a general rule every time you see an IP block! -- we recommend instead, if you believe a particular IP is being blocked in error, that you report it to us as a false positive.

Thank you for your patience while we worked this issue out. We are constantly working to improve Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and appreciate your suggestions! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestions for IP blocking "Add to ignore list" feature

1. Allow tagging so the IP can be identified (later I will wonder what it is and may want to selectivly delete the item later, hard to do if I have no idea anymore why it was done)

2. Date/Timestamp, I would like to know when I entered the ignore and pehaps sort by date/time

3. Manual entry of IP's, the process of disabling IP blocking to open the page to select the IP to ignore is tedious

Of course I hope there won't be too many times I need to ignoe IP's as this function matures..

Keep up the good work,

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Malwarebytes people,

The issue I have to deal with when it comes to this "IP Protection" feature is not that I want to manually block or unblock anything, I simply want it to not interfere with any video streams. What happens is that if I have this feature turned on ALL my video streams become unwatchable because the audio portion becomes very choppy, like all the sounds are shivering in cold. Otherwise, I have no complaints, but this one thing drives me nuts because I watch Croatian television over the Internet (I live in U.S.A.) in high quality and occasionally watch other prerecorded content from the same or other sources on daily basis. My computer is running Vista Ultimate edition and it is otherwise plenty fast and good for what I want to use it, but when I have this one feature turned on it becomes unwatchable. I apologize if this has been covered in the past elsewhere in the forum, but please understand my frustration with it because I deeply believe that this one feature is one of the unique and best features of the product, which if done right would really make a world of difference to all its users.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I would like to suggest that the log of blocked ip addresses shows more information to help make an informed guess on the block; e.g. the following detail are shown with the block in the log:

Reason for the block

Process Name making the reqest

Name of exe file making the request

Destination port

In the case of a dest port being http or https, the url requested

Thank you for a great program.

The issue I have to deal with when it comes to this "IP Protection" feature is not that I want to manually block or unblock anything, I simply want it to not interfere with any video streams. What happens is that if I have this feature turned on ALL my video streams become unwatchable because the audio portion becomes very choppy, like all the sounds are shivering in cold. Otherwise, I have no complaints, but this one thing drives me nuts because I watch Croatian television over the Internet (I live in U.S.A.) in high quality and occasionally watch other prerecorded content from the same or other sources on daily basis. My computer is running Vista Ultimate edition and it is otherwise plenty fast and good for what I want to use it, but when I have this one feature turned on it becomes unwatchable. I apologize if this has been covered in the past elsewhere in the forum, but please understand my frustration with it because I deeply believe that this one feature is one of the unique and best features of the product, which if done right would really make a world of difference to all its users.

Please fully read the link I have left below - It gives you good information on the IP blocking system -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=162100

Thank you - :D

• 3 weeks later...

It's possible that this suggestion/request has already been made, and if so, I apologize. I did look back and kind of skim the thread and didn't see a similar suggestion.

As I posted here, I think it would be a very good idea (less annoying even) if MBAM Pro did not show the same bubble for the same IP blocking multiple times.

The log below shows 18 entries over a span of about 3 minutes. I don't know for sure how many bubbles actually popped up during that time frame, but I'm going to guess it was 6. Each one was closed by me clicking on the X.

12:22:02 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:22:05 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:22:11 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:22:23 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:22:26 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:22:31 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:22:32 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:22:34 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:22:40 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:22:52 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:22:55 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:23:01 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:24:40 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:24:43 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:24:49 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:25:01 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:25:04 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

12:25:10 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

Here is another partial log spanning 31 seconds with a half dozen entries. I know for sure that 2 bubbles popped up for this sequence.

21:50:15 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

21:50:18 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

21:50:24 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

21:50:36 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

21:50:40 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

21:50:46 user IP-BLOCK 208.94.233.132

It would be nice if the bubble stayed closed after being clicked, unless it is the intent of the programmers to show us users that the malicious IP address is making repeated access attempts.

I am not talking about disabling the IP blocking.

I'm not talking about false positives.

And I am not talking about hiding the bubbles, i.e implementing silent blocking.

I'd just like to see fewer bubbles when MBAM Pro does its thing.

Thanks for your consideration.

This program and this team of people working on this program are quite impressive and I'm glad to have the program onboard!

When the IP blocked message pops up above the system tray, is there a way to set it so that it goes away after a few seconds on its own and I don't have to go hit the X to close it? I'm using Windows XP.

Count me as one who'd like the option to turn off this notification, but if it has to remain for whatever reason, it would be nice if it would notify me and then go away on its own without me having to interrupt what I'm doing to close the box.

• 1 month later...

My understanding is that the IP pop-up messages can report either outgoing or incoming IP blocks. If so, then I would suggest changing the text so that it clarifies which IP block has happened, outgoing or incoming. This would help the user respond better to these messages.

Since I'm too lazy to create a new topic, I say it here.

I had an issue with the IP protection in version 1.44. When I should disable the IP protection from the icon, I had to right click and hit "disable IP Protection" multiple times. The issue is all gone now with the new version!

Thanks alot, Malwarebytes! You're the best!

I cannot turn on Website Blocking in version 1.45 and the log file shows error code 21 every time I try, but error code 21 is not covered in the help file so I have no idea what that means. How do I turn ON IP blocking in version 1.45?

• Root Admin
I cannot turn on Website Blocking in version 1.45 and the log file shows error code 21 every time I try, but error code 21 is not covered in the help file so I have no idea what that means. How do I turn ON IP blocking in version 1.45?

Please contact the Help Desk and they can assist you with this.

You can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

• 2 weeks later...