• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mwong911 said:

running 3.0.6 premium, same problem as everyone else here, web protection will not start & will not scan either.

2 Thinkpads running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and MBAM 3.0.6

So far still okay on older T410, but NFG on newer machine.

Hope MBAM gets moving on this

Check for updates on the T410....see what happens.

As before, I have Win 7 64, Malwarebytes 3.0.6 Premium, paid and licenced.  Continuously informed "You're not fully protected", tried switching each to On but still that message "You're not fully protected" and Web protection is Starting...

Tried using defaults, no change.

With all of this ransomware malware scare worldwide, now is the critical time for Malwarebytes to do what it does best, protect us.  Sadly it is failing us when we need it the most.

1 hour ago, EliteGeeks said:

how many  " Same Here " and  " Me Too " then the testers, like they are going to do any good when we know what the issue is, nothing you guys are going to do will help so sit back and relax.

Just need to wait for MWB to bury this patch and give us a new one.

89b3447857438b807f1d0688475720a2.jpg

i believe everyone is doing it to show it is a very WIDESPREAD issue and should be a priority over everything else.

2 hours ago, Skier said:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.  Also seeing this despite a couple of uninstall / clean installs.  Around 15 mins ago the Web Protection turned off and would not restart.  I have just closed Malwarebytes and restarted it and almost immediately both Web Protection and Malware Protection turned off.  Malware Protection I am able to restart but Web Protection just sits there with 'Starting' shown; it never starts.

ME TOO.

Edited by maj1947

Just now, RichardT said:

At least when I panic and see an issue like this, I can come here and see im not alone. Its when no one else has an issue that I freak out!

That's why I am milling around aimlessly while throwing my hands occasionally in the air and yelling - why me??? to the heavens like the heavens are actually listening. 

I think I posted this before but here it is again, from the dbupdate.log:

2017-05-19T10:21:06Z
=====================================
* * * * * * Enter DoFullUpdate - dual mode: No
Loading shims.
Calling PrepareUpdate.
Backing up files to LKG dir.
Copying new DB files.
Copying new DLL files.
Calling FinishUpdate.
--->Error: MBAMShim FinishUpdate failed   <---
Unloading Actions shim.
Unloading CLS Engine shim.
Successfully finished updates.

Hi, Thought I'd share what I have done. I tried restoring the program data to an older date but that did not work, so I noticed that the dlls had been updated today. I downloaded a fresh copy of 3.1.2 and then turned off the network. Uninstalled and installed the newly downloaded one. I turned off automatic updates and then reconnected to the internet. My web protection will now start and I have run a scan. Hopefully this will be ok until they fix it. My only problem now is that it says my licence has exceeded the maximum usage so am running a premium trial until they sort it out.

2 minutes ago, djzeratul said:

if the devs are reading these, it would probably be a good idea to have the program check if the mbdb files are zero and present a definitions error in the program if so, rather than having to use verbose logging to figure it out

bump

also some logs (repost), bon appetite

Addition_19-05-2017 12.20.38.txt

FRST_19-05-2017 12.20.38.txt

mbae-default.zip

mb-check-results.zip

scanlog.txt

Edited by Duuude

2 hours ago, migs said:

Given the swarm of posts in this thread in the past 20 minutes, I suspect it's related to either an update install or some other "routine" act by MWB.

Either way, my licence is up in 36 days, and I'm seriously considering not renewing, and finding an alternative

Way back on page 2 of this thread

Yay me ;)