• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, John A said:

That hopefully doesn't apply in a disaster like this

I gather an "email" has been sent to QA... "twiddle thumbs" :- ... smart phones... amazing things - apparently some still have the ability to make phone calls ;-) ;-) - with a FUBAR like this maybe it is time to figure out which app does the dialing ;-)

Hey guy's. Think i've got a temp fix here. installed Maleware 2.21. (easy to find the install in google) real time is working perfectly, premium is accepted on it, and it scans fine with the up to date definitions. It ain't perfect. but atleast it's something. 

7 minutes ago, cybot said:

grrr....... I was in the middle of watching anime when this problem cropped up...... no more for me tonight I guess

I was, um, downloading a, er, oh yeah, a Linux Distro from... ah, well, wherever... when the popup told me my web protection was fritzed... I freaked out big time... then read these threads, phew!   

4 minutes ago, EliteGeeks said:

Buy a Lifetime copy and dont complain about a product that is far better than anything else on the market, its just 2 hiccups in 10 years, relax it will get fixed in a day.  

2 hiccups in 10 years? You've been one of the lucky ones if that's the case. For some of us, this has been regular since they released v3

And by "regular", I mean "constant", so please quit with the flippant remarks just because you're okay. This is a massive ongoing issue, and MWB need to acknowledge that. Perhaps this thread will now prompt them to do something once and for all to fix a fatal bug that has now been around for 6 months

8 minutes ago, EliteGeeks said:

Buy a Lifetime copy and dont complain about a product that is far better than anything else on the market, its just 2 hiccups in 10 years, relax it will get fixed in a day.  

True but it's one very long hiccup :)

Ok, I have the same problem 3 month ago and Malwarebytes support recommended the following procedure that worked well BACK THEN

Quote:

In order to address this issue, I would like you to first uninstall the version of Malwarebytes that you have installed now 
Then I want you to run our cleanup tool – https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean
Once you have run the clean-up tool I want you to restart of the computer <— This is very important!

Now I would like you to reinstall Malwarebytes once more please – https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3/
.Please note: If you receive a “code 5 Access denied” error – please click on ignore to allow the install to complete

End of quote

Today I have again the some problem but the above procedure does not work any more.

I Try also cleaning the LT with the AdwCleaner tool and still does not work

Cheers

in case tits the millenium virus i want to let you know my refridgerator is still working, its an AEG

create logs with this former mod information if oyu want to help, its the same fcking stuff

Hi everyone! If possible, can you please grab some information for us so we can look at what's going on?

1. Open up Malwarebytes 3
  2. Go to Settings -> Application
  3. Turn on Event Log Data
  4. Restart the computer
  5. Open up Malwarebytes
  6. Verify that Web Protection is not turned on
  7. Attempt to turn on Web Protection
  8. Wait 2-3 minutes
  9. Zip up the folder C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs by right clicking the folder and choosing Send To -> Compressed (Zipped) folder
    Note that the ProgramData folder may be hidden. You may need to turn on Showing Hidden Files, or type the path manually

Please upload the zip file that gets created (it should be on your desktop)

Now please run mb-check, which can be downloaded from here: https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3_check. Run this program, which will create a file on your desktop named mb-checkResult.txt. Please upload this file as well.

And lastly, the FRST logs will help as well:

1. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/ and save it to your desktop.
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
    **After you click the Download Now 64-bit, or the Download Now 32-bit, another page will open — DO NOT CLICK ANY ADDITIONAL 'download now' buttons, just wait and look toward the bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save.
  2. Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
    Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info followed by Run anyway.
  3. Click the Scan button.
  4. When the scan has finished, it will save 2 logs  in the same directory the tool was run from.  Please attach the following logs:
    Addition.txt
    FRST.txt 

I realize this is a lot of information to ask, but it should help us figure out what's going on. If you're able to help with the above instructions, there should be 4 files being uploaded. mb-checkResult.txt, FRST.txt, Additions.txt, zip file of logs folder

Devin Collins

Product Support Service Engineer

I got rid of AVG free version when Malwarebytes seemed to have finally gotten their program working properly but here it is again.  I downloaded the new version this morning since it was supposed to be a fix for this issue, but its still here.  Beyond frustrated!

2 minutes ago, derberni said:

Same Problem, Win 10 pro

Since version 3.xx errors always come.
I will not extend my premium version any longer.

Sorry, english isn`t my language.

good enough to understand that you quit mbam but use win10 LOL

2 minutes ago, djzeratul said:

if you update definitions, try a scan and see if it works, please let us know, i am curious

I am not who you asked to do that, but I just updated it and it didn't take care of the problem. When I clicked the update it, it immediately showed applying, but it took longer than usual to update and there was no change in protection afterwards

• bdubrow locked and pinned this topic
  • bdubrow unpinned this topic