Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm having the same problems but with;

Malwarebytes version: 3.0.6.1469

Component package version: 1.0.1.103

Update package version: 1.0.1974

Everything was fine until approx. one hour ago, then I received the same popup as everyone else, "Real-Time Protection layers turned off."  Both web protection and malware protection were off.  I am able to turn on malware protection but web protection just shows starting for 10 plus minutes.

On reboot both web protection and malware protection were off.

I have default settings set for everything else, tried enabling "Enable self-protection module early start" = issue persists.

Tried running a threat scan which checked for updates for 40 seconds and then closed.  On checking the scan report it shows "Result: Cancelled"

Just now, Stang777 said:

I am not who you asked to do that, but I just updated it and it didn't take care of the problem. When I clicked the update it, it immediately showed applying, but it took longer than usual to update and there was no change in protection afterwards

I'm assuming you're using version 3.x? They were using 2.x, so I wanted them to see if the update of definitions worked to narrow down if it was the definitions for mbam2/3 or if both were broken. It seems that the mbam2 defs work fine, since they are a completely different file from the mbam3 ones..

7 minutes ago, LodeHere said:

For those among us who feel a bit paranoid and would like to do a scan, this one is free and utilizes 68 scan engines, including Malwarebytes!

http://www.herdprotect.com/engines.aspx

Site currently says: We are currently not distributing herdProtect at this time, if you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please email us at download@herdProtect.com. We are looking to re-release the software in the coming weeks

Ditto - Won't turn on real time protection and won't run a scan.  Just checks for updates, then stops - reporting zero files scanned.  Even trying custom scan, won't scan anything.  Apparently MB is broke bad...

1 minute ago, MorganaCat said:

Malwarebytes premium 3.0.6.1469, just started ca. 20 minutes ago that web protection is turned off and wont turn on

umm did you turn your pc on 20minutes ago?

if it was running before and definetely didnt happen its not a server but a spreading thing prob :o

4 minutes ago, Jambeetle said:

Same here. Win 7 64. Sounds like it's everyone. This is really poor work. Don't these guys test their updates?

I would imagine they do, the problem is how many quality testers do they have. In this day in age so many people sign up to beta test products who just want to get the new version first and who dont actually test squat. 

Just now, bihrle said:

I uninstalled 3.1.2 and went back to 3.0 which never had this problem. It has it now, though. Both versions fail to start RTP.

Yeah you're gonna want to go back to 2.x to solve it for the time being, if you need a fix immediately.

10 minutes ago, bmac said:

Site currently says: We are currently not distributing herdProtect at this time, if you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please email us at download@herdProtect.com. We are looking to re-release the software in the coming weeks

Thanks. Didn't know that. Have had mine for years. Never gave them my email address if I remember well.

But this link gives you the download:

https://www.gratissoftwaresite.nl/downloads/herdprotect-anti-malware-scanner-virus-spyware-verwijderen-second-opinion

PS:

For those who don't know: this gives you the free herdProtect cloud scanner which utilizes 68 scan engines, including Malwarebytes'.

Edited by LodeHere

Mine began to do this about an hour ago. I was sitting at my PC and all of a sudden web protection disabled itself. Couldn't re-enable. uninstalled and re-installed, but same result. Scan doesn't work, and after re-install, self protection was disabled (though could be re-enabled)

1 minute ago, Duuude said:

umm did you turn your pc on 20minutes ago?

if it was running before and definetely didnt happen its not a server but a spreading thing prob :o

Well, tbh, I don't know if it was running before because I didn't check. The popup notification that a protection layer is turned off started about 20 minutes ago.

3 minutes ago, BStudentCFA said:

ISSUE RESOLVED:

Steps to fix:

1. Directed browser to Kaspersky.com
  2. Bought the Total Protection Product ($60)
  3. Downloaded
  4. Installed
  5. Updated definitions

Goodnight!

For what it is worth message 268 suggests that Kaspersky is compromised too.