35 minutes ago, morte111 said:

Same here, v3.0.6 on win7x64 & win10x64, RTP will not turn on, also manual scan will not run!
With continual reports of ransomware leeched from NSA now in the wild, I'm feeling a bit paranoid and unprotected right now...

About to uninstall, mbam_clean and install 3.1.2 to see if that helps...

Quick update, bad news, update to 3.1.2 after uninstall, mbam_clean, reinstall, reapply licence key, reboot each step

I tried the dual step self-protection early start/disable method on startup per this recommendation

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/195576-real-time-protection-layer-turning-off-try-this/

But no improvement -

Currently stuck with:
RTP off, Malware protection off, Scan will not run (scans 0 files) 

- (Malware protection turned itself on after a few minutes, but RTP stuck off, scan still not running)

Edited by morte111
update
  • Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just noticed that component package version and update package version is missing on my copy.....

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com
-Log Details-
Scan Date: 5/19/17
Scan Time: 3:20 AM
Log File:
Administrator: Yes
-Software Information-
Version: 3.1.2.1733
Components Version:
Update Package Version:
License: Premium
-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: CHRISSOLOMON-PC\Chris
-Scan Summary-
Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Cancelled
Objects Scanned: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Threats Detected: 0
Threats Quarantined: 0
Time Elapsed: 0 min, 13 sec
-Scan Options-
Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled
-Scan Details-
Process: 0
Module: 0
Registry Key: 0
Registry Value: 0
Registry Data: 0
Data Stream: 0
Folder: 0
File: 0
Physical Sector: 0

(end)
Just now, GavinP said:

I know the techs at Google rate Windows Defender quite highly (it's certainly much improved on Security Essentials and earlier MS anti-virus) so you should be fine.

Just now, BernardL said:

same here! just sent a mail to techn support...

Just now, Nastajia said:

Agreed i think possibly by the next update it should be sorted.

How long is that going to take?

I'm sure the Malwarebytes Team  will be all over this shortly.  Updated to the latest version, scanned...which was done  .03 sec...nother pop up screen said, updates needed, not current. and of course realtime prot..turned off.

4 minutes ago, Nicci said:

Well add me to the list. I was told that this was the best antivirus protection to get by my works IT guy and I just purchased it 4 days ago and am running it in 
Windows 10 pro and I am having the same problem that the Web Threat won't turn on.

I've had a lifelong license since 2006. Never a problem before. And this one puts them on their toes. You bet! :lol:

Edited by LodeHere
Just now, BStudentCFA said:

Can anyone recommend an alternative product?

I have always had a layered approach, Avast Premier & MalwareBytes Premium, I have just set all my avast settings to the most aggressive.

I will never rely on 1 product ever.

Same here - Including Updating to 3.1 & same Scans fail...

Could somebody pop round - give a knock on their door (at home?) - wake em'up and tell them what is happening: this appears to be ALL users (that are paying attention)...

:-)

Just now, LodeHere said:

I've had a lifelong license since 2006. Never a problem before. And this one puts them on their toes again. You bet! :lol:

welcome to the club, want to buy a another  copy Contact VegasMicro to buy a Lifetime copy

Just now, Nastajia said:

I have always had a layered approach, Avast Premier & MalwareBytes Premium, I have just set all my avast settings to the most aggressive.

I will never rely on 1 product ever.

Well I'm running on top of defender etc.  And too many anti-X programs will eventually step on each other.

• Staff

I have one PC with package 1973 and another with 1974.  Both experiencing same problem.  I just fired off email to director and supervisor of QA.  Its 3:30am here, so I don't expect a fast reply.  Other offices may be able to jump in.  Please be patient.

1 minute ago, EliteGeeks said:

welcome to the club, want to buy a another  copy Contact VegasMicro to buy a Lifetime copy

how do I get into contact with this vegasmicro? I subscribed right after they stopped doing the lifetime subs. and I definitely want one

7 minutes ago, Neural said:

Just curious, did anyone else experience a momentary disconnection when this update was installed?   When I had problems with the software earlier tonight, it was preceded by my music stream cutting out, along with a disconnect from the game I was playing

no interruption in Elite Dangerious gameplay or music.  Long-time user with licenses on 5 machines. Problem same for me as everyone else.  Out of the blue 30 minutes ago - along with MS updates.  Vandals cutting through the fence @ my storage units, this, politics.  Maybe the apocalypse is upon us?

• bdubrow locked and pinned this topic
  • bdubrow unpinned this topic