The newest update that just downloaded broke - hard.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

If you can get Windows to boot (safe mode or not). Download this file: Here

Unzip the file then run the file: RunThis.bat as admin. This should restore all your files from quarantine. Thus rendering your system boot-able.

Thank you.

Can you run that program from a WinPE boot? I can't login to Windows on my client's computer as it advises cryptui.dll missing.

I aclled the premium support number and the guy tells me "It is impossible not to be able to boot in safe mode". Then he says they need a few hours to fix the problem. Finally he tells me to go to the forum and read for updates. Great help... can anyone offer advice. I can not boot, have Windows 7 and the operating system disk if it is needed.

The first part of this article will get you into a command prompt using the Windows 7 DVD - http://www.tomshardware.com/news/win7-windows-7-mbr,10036.html

Don't do anything in the article after the picture with the hand pointing at command Prompt (The second picture).

Then you can plug in a USB drive and see if you can access it from the command prompt - if so, then you can run the fix tool Mainard linked above (note - download it on another computer and extract it firstto a jump drive to use in the broken system) and then copy the extracted folder on

Just wanted to comment that I was able to get the newest build installed and did restore the false flagged files to my affected folders. I was only lucky because I caught it in time (in fact, in the act.) I am not a professional within the IT field, simply a college-drop out affected by the financial collapse. (I managed to get my associate's before my family had reached a crisis.) I had installed this program on all of my family members' computers. My father has been unemployed for nearly three years now. Most of his job-hunting information is on a single computer. He's not technologically gifted, either. If he had just ran one update he would have done irreparable damage and lost everything. We would have lost everything. A lot of us are living on the fringe out here and we depend on our computers to get back to a stable point. We most certainly depend on our computer security products to make sure that computer issues do not come up. I have not been able to explain to my father why the hell his software would have done the exact opposite of it's intention tonight. We're both confused here. If you would have just tested the damn definitions before you sent them out none of this would have happened. This is where I need to excuse myself because I'm still upset and you probably did complete some kind of testing but the issue must have not come up in time. I have supported this product for years, but I'm sitting here wondering if I need to reconsider. Speaking specifically to the amount of damage done, my experience has been light. I really worry about all the damage the corporate users have. Especially if we're talking about computers of individuals like fire fighters or police municipalities. Sorry if this is rambling, I'm just pretty upset about this... Please understand I'm not mad at Malwarebytes. I'm simply upset at the situation and feel we are owed a transparent and detailed view at what went wrong and how this will never ever happen again.

Thank you.

The first part of this article will get you into a command prompt using the Windows 7 DVD - http://www.tomshardw...-mbr,10036.html

Don't do anything in the article after the picture with the hand pointing at command Prompt (The second picture).

Then you can plug in a USB drive and see if you can access it from the command prompt - if so, then you can run the fix tool Mainard linked above (note - download it on another computer and extract it firstto a jump drive to use in the broken system) and then copy the extracted folder on

I can get to the command prompt under System Recovery Options. When it comes up it shows "x:\windows\system32\" What do I do now? How do I get it to see the USB drive I have the files on?

Normally I just start trying to change drives by typing the drive letter followed by a colon and hitting enter like so

c:

and keep trying with each letter to see if it sees any other device. But, that can be tedious at best.

Found the drive with the file in it. What do I type as a prompt?

I removed MBAM Pro and downloaded a new copy.

How do I get it re-registered again, I can't find the product ID or key.

You should contact Cleverbridge.....

If you lost your ID and License Key then send an email to: cs@cleverbridge.com

cs@cleverbridge.com

Phone: +1-866-522-6855

Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (CST)

Also, their contact info can be found HERE.

when you get the email Print it out

Malwarebytes Tech support does not have any access to, nor information pertaining to any sales\shipping\user account\registration issues.

If you need anything else just post.

You should contact Cleverbridge.....

If you lost your ID and License Key then send an email to: cs@cleverbridge.com

cs@cleverbridge.com

Phone: +1-866-522-6855

Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (CST)

Also, their contact info can be found HERE.

when you get the email Print it out

Malwarebytes Tech support does not have any access to, nor information pertaining to any sales\shipping\user account\registration issues.

If you need anything else just post.

I am trying to run the file and getting "subsystem needed to support the image type is not present" for fixtool.exe and mbam-rules.exe?

So, is the take-away from this fiasco that we should un-check the option to have MBAM automatically quarantine suspected files?

It would seem so. That's how I was running PRO when I started getting alerts. I kept hitting Quarantine (11 times) until I noticed they were all system files and all the same threat. I disabled "Start protection with Windows", closed MBAM and rebooted to find all those 11 files rightly where they are supposed to be. I restarted MBAM and Protection and all seems to be OK with the latest update.

QUESTION FOR AVAST STAFF:

I still have those 11 files listed under the Quarantine tab. Can I "Delete All" without causing any problems??

Thank you.

• Root Admin

I removed MBAM Pro and downloaded a new copy.

How do I get it re-registered again, I can't find the product ID or key.

A program uninstall would not remove your registration. If the product was already registered and you uninstalled it and then reinstalled the program it would automatically still be registered.

Please contact Cleverbridge per Firefox's post and they can assist you with obtaining your registration, but again a normal uninstall would not remove the registration.

Is there a support number I can call to actually speak with someone who can help? Very frustrated as I receive an email at midnight asking what is wrong and which operating system I have. That information was required when I sent the initial support email.

Is there a support number I can call to actually speak with someone who can help? Very frustrated as I receive an email at midnight asking what is wrong and which operating system I have. That information was required when I sent the initial support email.

I loaded the operating disk and booted from there. Tried a system repair and it did not work. Only choice but to reinstall OS?

So far the only thing that has worked 100% for our clients is to do a system restore:

To open the System Recovery Options menu on your computer

1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer using the computer's power button.

2. Do one of the following:

· If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

· If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.

3. On the
Advanced Boot Options
screen, use the arrow keys to highlight
Repair your computer
, and then press Enter. (If
Repair your computer
isn't listed as an option, then your computer doesn't include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator has turned them off.)

4. Select a keyboard layout, and then click
Next

5. On the
System Recovery Options
menu, click a tool to open it.

For folks that cannot use this method b/c they are getting a black screen or else a "No Operating System found" message when booting, use the Windows 7 DVD and select repair. It has the ability to run system recovery directly off the DVD, and you might then be able to get your computer at least partially running b/c it restores the missing System files and registry entries.