Subscription

I had that question also but figured since this copy of V5 is for a test group that the expiration on Oct 31 will update. Is this not what will happen? Since I have no desire to be running a "free" version, can we consider this "test" over and we will all revert, or have to revert to V4?

Edited by Phxflyer

• Staff

Hi all! Because we love you so much, and sincerely appreciate your help testing the preview build, we will most definitely be extending the license expirations. No additional action will be required on your part.

Once we're ready for a full scale beta release, we will re-evaluate the preview program and update you on the license expirations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, milsabords said:

Thanks, 

Will my premium lifetime licence key apply to V5 ?

Staff said in the past that Malwarebytes lifetime keys will be functional for as long as the company is in business. Which will probably be eternity due to the fact they have always stood by promises in the past. Security products will always be needed your lifetime key will always be honored by new MBAM upgrades.  

Edited by brad03

Speaking of lifetime licenses @H4V0C.... I see that MB5 has VPN integrated, does that mean that folks that have Lifetime licenses will also have this VPN (which I assume is Malwarebytes Privacy) included with their lifetime license?

For example I have a lifetime license on my MB4 but I have a purchased yearly license for Malwarebytes Privacy, how will that work?

image.png.6b83920372294f77ada2ed30220a827a.png

Edited by Firefox
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
On 10/21/2022 at 11:00 PM, Firefox said:

Speaking of lifetime licenses @H4V0C.... I see that MB5 has VPN integrated, does that mean that folks that have Lifetime licenses will not also have this VPN (which I assume is Malwarebytes Privacy) included with their lifetime license?

For example I have a lifetime license on my MB4 but I have a purchased yearly license for Malwarebytes Privacy, how will that work?

image.png.6b83920372294f77ada2ed30220a827a.png

I'll let @H4V0C confirm, but in your use case, if both the MB4 lifetime license and the Privacy yearly license are associated to the same MyAccount, your MB5 installation will be in Premium Plus state, and you'll be able to use both from the same UI. 😃

• Like 1

13 hours ago, icolcear said:

I'll let @H4V0C confirm, but in your use case, if both the MB4 lifetime license and the Privacy yearly license are associated to the same MyAccount, your MB5 installation will be in Premium Plus state, and you'll be able to use both from the same UI. 😃

By the sounds of this, seems like I understand that there will be a MB5 Premium and a MB5 Premium Plus (so the plus would include VPN?) If this is the case then lifetime users will only get MB5 with no VPN, is this correct?

• Like 1

• Staff
On 10/29/2022 at 12:07 AM, Firefox said:

By the sounds of this, seems like I understand that there will be a MB5 Premium and a MB5 Premium Plus (so the plus would include VPN?) If this is the case then lifetime users will only get MB5 with no VPN, is this correct?

To my knowledge, that is correct.

• Thanks 1

OK so if I already have all the in my.malwarebytes.com then I would then install MB5 and activate it using email/password comb.  It would probably be best to deactivate MB4 before upgrade to MB5 (since it is a lifetime license)? Or would just simply updating MB4 toMB5 do the trick?

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Do you already have a current subscription to Malwrebytes Privacy?

i have malwarebytes premium and install 5.0.2.39 but vpn not work

i need Malwarebytes Premium + Privacy upgrade in my account ?

but why i cant test vpn ,only if i pay more money for this upgrade ?

Edited by gicahagi

1 hour ago, gicahagi said:

but why i cant test vpn ,only if i pay more money for this upgrade ?

There is a trial but it requires a credit card to start and it is for 7 days after 7 days you are charged automatically.. I do not know if it can be part of the MB5 preview.

Edited by Porthos