problem with notifications

Hi,

since last week, I can't open notification list anymore.

The number in the upper-right corner of the notification icon (bell) (in my case "4" at the moment) seems to work correctly (means that I probably get a notification) but when clicking on the bell icon, nothing is loading... only a loading bar is shown.

When clicking on "View all notifications", I get the following error message: "Sorry, there is a problem Something went wrong. Please try again."

What I've already tried:

- cache emptied, cookies deleted

- browser reset

- using different browsers (FF, CHR, EDGE) on different systems

Thank you.

notifications_not_loading.jpg

error_all_notifications.jpg

6 minutes ago, tetonbob said:

It seems to me that something is still not quite right with the forum notifications. As I recall, the drop down used to clear when the post associated with the notification was visited. That is not happening now.

@AdvancedSetup

forum_notifications.PNG

You're right. 👍

I've missed that. Edit: Maybe because I was so happy that notifications works for me again.  🙂

Edited by MKDB
  • Like 1

@tetonbob @MKDB @AdvancedSetup - IPS has informed us that this is expected behavior as the Notification click mini-menu is supposed to list notifications from the last 30 days.

Edited by AlexSmith
it's not a hover menu n00b

@tetonbob @MKDB @AdvancedSetup - We have confirmed that the expected behavior is not being respected and instead the Notification pop-up menu is showing all notifications from the first page of the "All Notifications" area. We have reported this back to IPS and hope to hear back soon.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AlexSmith said:

We have confirmed that the expected behavior is not being respected and instead the Notification pop-up menu is showing all notifications from the first page of the "All Notifications" area. We have reported this back to IPS and hope to hear back soon.

Just to note that it has always listed the full first page of our notifications for us over at the CCleaner forum, with the unread ones bolded, so maybe clearing them from the 'Bell' dropdown is a forum specific setting rather than the underlying software?

EDIT- We just got this update over there yesterday, nothing in particular we've noticed there yet apart from that issue of the 'viewing' missing from the hover; and the Activity Stream playing up which it always seems to do when they update anyway. (Oh and mods couldn't Move, Split, or Merge posts for a while, that's now working again).

EDIT- I got a screenshot of what I mean with the bolding, the unread ones here are moderation notifications but other notifications, like the bottom one, also get bolded until you've seen them and the popup window closed.
image.png.30a9528e783dc242e37c78ba1c14bb88.png

Edited by nukecad

7 hours ago, nukecad said:

Just to note that it has always listed the full first page of our notifications for us over at the CCleaner forum, with the unread ones bolded, so maybe clearing them from the 'Bell' dropdown is a forum specific setting rather than the underlying software?

Our current issue is that it's not following the behavior they stated to us that is expected (i.e. items drop off after 30 days).

7 hours ago, nukecad said:

We just got this update over there yesterday, nothing in particular we've noticed there yet apart from that issue of the 'viewing' missing from the hover; and the Activity Stream playing up which it always seems to do when they update anyway. (Oh and mods couldn't Move, Split, or Merge posts for a while, that's now working again).

Yeah we reported the missing functionality with the hover and IPS stated that was an undocumented changed with 4.6.x. They removed as part of refreshing it for the new Achievements component. We have made a request to have that restored, but haven't heard back definitively on it.

For the Activity Streams issue, you'll need to rebuild the database. We had the same issue too.

Just an FYI - We also found a bug that occurs when searching with the "This Forum" option. That option is not respected after the first page of results and instead reloads the search with results from "All Forums".

Edited by AlexSmith
  • Thanks 1

I’m getting two email notifications on the same topic I post in as someone answering my post. 

CA06D615-6B01-490D-B228-8EB5FB6B194C.thumb.jpeg.05f2c241beb752b1be20c15182f046f2.jpeg8171E266-4555-4A8D-B4BA-2B6EC30E951B.thumb.jpeg.8b97d1662abcd55fc170ea92f94c3f99.jpeg

Check out the time stamp on each email that link to the same post.  This has happened before and I forgot to post about what was happening. Each email takes me to this link below:

Edited by Hardhead
Adding two pictures that link to the same post

We have a user over at the CCleaner Forum who earlier today reported the same issue with double email notifications of replies to his posts.

(He too has had the same issue in the past, if I remember correctly that was also following an earlier Invision update).

• Thanks 1

It often helps if you can verify that an issue not just on a particular forum, but that it is also affecting other fora that have the update.
It can give the Admins/Developers an idea of where to start looking for the glitch.

3 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Thanks @Hardhead

I assume you get email replies for all this replies anyone makes on topics you follow. If you've not seen any since Thursday then I'm assuming the last update IPS made, may have fixed the issue. They updated twice now in the past week.

True and the only ones I have seen have been on Thursday and yesterday that I got 2 email alerts on the same link. All seems well now.  

Edited by Hardhead
Add last sentence.