mwac.sys BSoD

1 hour ago, Sron said:

I thought I'd mention that I only turn on the VPN about 10% of the time.

After each time I use the VPN I shut down my system, go about my life and later I turn the computer back on.

I've made sure that there are no files or drivers from the VPN that are still running and I still get the BSOD

How are you verifying that none of its drivers are running?  If you run the following command it will create a text file on your desktop called drivers.txt listing all running drivers.  Click START and type cmd.exe and press Enter then copy/paste the following line into the command prompt window and press Enter and it will create the drivers.txt file.  This command does not require you to launch cmd.exe with administrative privileges:

sc queryex type= driver>"%userprofile%\desktop\drivers.txt"

You don't need to post the file here; I'm just providing it for your own use should you wish to verify whether or not any of your VPN's drivers are still running.  The above command will not make any changes to your system, it only reads/reports the status for running drivers in memory and outputs the list to a text file.

Edited by exile360
  • Thanks 1

Hello @cohelfer

We believe the BSOD you are seeing should be addressed with a new Component update we will be releasing shortly.

I will send you a note once we release the Beta for you to try it out.

In the meanwhile you can disable Web Protection and Install Malwarebytes Browser Guard.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/browserguard/

Thank you.

• Thanks 1